THE MOST EXPENSIVE USED GT3 IN OZ FOR SALE

GT3LOUI

Amazing to note that according to redbook my 996.2 C2 was $187,600 new and a GT3 was $241,000, or about 30% more.

If I tick the option boxes to match my car as closely as possible with litronics, bose, stacker, park sensors, carrera aerokit skirts and wing, and 18" carrera wheels - that comes to $209k, making the GT3 only 15% more expensive (and already included a better bodykit and wheels).  Awesome value.

Comparison of values now?  A GT3 is probably 200-300% more?  Awesome investment.

I am not the sort of person who can consider to buy a new car of $200k, but surely if you have $209k, $240k is just a few skipped lunches away?  Why on earth would you not have bought a GT3?

I think the difference is that today, most 996’s are weekend cars and why wouldn’t you want it to be a GT3 for that!

When new though, most Carrera’s were probably being bought as a “daily driver” and the GT3 was ‘too harsh’.

I know of someone who made a similar choice with a 997 when new - went in to buy a GT3 but came home with a Turbo, as it was more comfortable to drive to the office...

35 minutes ago, hugh said:

Red or black? 

;)

I am partial to GR. Maybe the locality is a sign.

26 minutes ago, edgy said:

Cmon Hugh, he’s had a road car and a cup! The only natural progression is white/red or white/blue 😁

I like the sound of that natural progression. Garage space is limited, a fancy stickers car could be a nice middle ground. Now, where did all those 996 RS that were for sale go 😆

5 hours ago, JWM said:

Imwhy wouldn’t you want it to be a GT3 for that!

When new though, most Carrera’s were probably being bought as a “daily driver” and the GT3 was ‘too harsh’.

One word...... mezger

11 hours ago, spiller said:

Now, where did all those 996 RS that were for sale go 

Odd hey, 3 very rare cars, all on the market at the same time (and for some time) then within the space of a few weeks all went! 

I’m glad to see them all go to good homes that will see them get exercised regularly as they should! 

17 minutes ago, hugh said:

Odd hey, 3 very rare cars, all on the market at the same time (and for some time) then within the space of a few weeks all went! 

I’m glad to see them all go to good homes that will see them get exercised regularly as they should! 

Yep really unusual and doubt it will happen again in Aus. Good on you guys for not stuffing them away in your garages for them to rot. Sincerely happy for you both (or are all three on PFA?) and chuffed to see these cars getting used properly!

55 minutes ago, spiller said:

Yep really unusual and doubt it will happen again in Aus. Good on you guys for not stuffing them away in your garages for them to rot. Sincerely happy for you both (or are all three on PFA?) and chuffed to see these cars getting used properly!

All 3 went to PFA members in the end. 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

nice profile pic

As is yours! ;) 

59 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So you've come clean Kurt......

Hugh calls it "coming out" ... so I am out of the closet, but our rainbow flag only has two colours, Guards red & Riviera blue 

34 minutes ago, Jason A said:

@edgy welcome to the club 🍷

Thanks bud! 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Hugh calls it "coming out" ... so I am out of the closet, but our rainbow flag only has two colours, Guards red & Riviera blue 

So it would appear our red one may be off to the Covid State. Does this mean another PFA member will be out of the closet soon too?

(Registration still interesting, I understand it may have actually been fully Vic registered at some stage, in which case does that mean it is able to go back on to full reg????)

46 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I understand it may have actually been fully Vic registered at some stage, in which case does that mean it is able to go back on to full reg????

It would have to be a yellow plate personal import to get full registration in any state, that is a federal level requirement... so it should be good to go to any Australian State & territory... although some states are more lenient than others with certain things, like full roll cages... :lol: