Wheel spacers for G series 911

John Taylor

Hi Guys, l am looking at lowering my 89 model by about 20mm and fitting 7x16 fronts while leaving the 8x16 rears. Can anyone tell me what size spacers will work without interfering with the guards?  It seams the rear will take somewhere between 11 and 14mm.  Not clear about the front.

thnx

Interested.  My 88 has 17mm factory-fitted spacers (i.e. legal and insurable) but my friend's 89 has rear wheels with a bigger offset and no spacers. There was a change between those two years. You probably know all this ...

On 25/09/2020 at 13:58, John Taylor said:

Hi Guys, l am looking at lowering my 89 model by about 20mm and fitting 7x16 fronts while leaving the 8x16 rears. Can anyone tell me what size spacers will work without interfering with the guards?  It seams the rear will take somewhere between 11 and 14mm.  Not clear about the front.

thnx

Assuming your car is not a M491, otherwise it would have 7" fronts already, the answer is none.  You'll at the very least need to roll your guards with 7" fronts, 205/55-16 tyres, no spacers with the factory ride height.  Unless you want to drive slowly in a straight line.

Although beyond the scope of your question, I'm curious as to why you'd want to put spacers on anyway?

• 1 month later...

Check to see if your tyres are the same width, It might say they are on the tyre but check them anyway , I have found  size anomalies now and then , If not a 5 mm spacer should fix the gap. But i rekon its the tyre.