Macan ride height - GTS vs Turbo

pj2020

There is a lot of misleading information on this subject. The view I have formed, for Australian Macans, is that the standard ride height is the same for both GTS and turbo models as they both have PASM. This is 15mm lower than Macan and Macan S models. This is verified by looking up the Porsche Australia specifications which show overall height as 1609mm for GTS and Turbo vs 1624mm for the others. Then, the Turbo has standard air suspension which at the low setting can give another 10mm decrease in height. So the Turbo can be lower than the GTS unless the GTS is fitted with the optional air suspension. In that case it will be the same as the Turbo. Interesting that much of the promotion for the GTS highlights that it is lower than the other models. Any comment on this?

We own both the Turbo and GTS, the GTS is has air suspension too, I believe it is 15mm lower across the board... I can go measure the eyebrow height to verify it if you like... visibly the GTS does look like it has less altitude than my Turbo.. but that could be the clever colour scheme at play. 

Thank you very much Edgy.

That is the sort of feedback I was after. Are your two Macans the current model or previous - could that make a difference? This shows the variation in views on this subject. Maybe you could measure the height to top of wheel arch, or somewhere else relevant, to confirm your view - would be grateful for that.

14 hours ago, pj2020 said:

Thank you very much Edgy.

That is the sort of feedback I was after. Are your two Macans the current model or previous - could that make a difference? This shows the variation in views on this subject. Maybe you could measure the height to top of wheel arch, or somewhere else relevant, to confirm your view - would be grateful for that.

They are MY17 (built 2016) they were in fact; built the same week, shipped out on the same boat, then delivered at the same time by PCSS... you won't get a more accurate "like for like" :lol: 

I'll bang a tape a on them and revert, yes, ground to top of wheel arch (aka eyebrow) is what I'll measure for you. 

So where we park them at the office isn't exactly the best spot, but running a tape on them roughly... there is 5-10mm difference. 

The best thing would be to get them on dead level and running with the suspension set at the same height, then measure it... I'll try to get around to that.