Wheel Colour - 'Wisdom" of the Crowd...

Fishcop

Just now, Pork Chops said:

Exactly.  Different is not always better.  That was the only good choice, and especially with that body paint colour.  10/10 for your wife.  While I'm here I love Cup 2s.  One of my favourite factory wheels.

I'm really happy how they came up - it's been a while since I wielded a gun and 2k base/clear :D  Now I need to source some tyres...

37 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Finding them in 255 40 17 is proving tricky...

If width is the issue, then get them to check the actual width.  I have 265/35 x 18 on the back of my GT3, 10" rims.  The 265 actually measures as 275 (they have this written on their spec sheets I think), which was quite OK as the equivalent to 285/30 I was looking for.  And have been great tyres, although I've worn them out a fair bit pretty quickly 🙂  a few track days will do that......   We're about to switch side to side on the rims to even out the wear a little bit

45 minutes ago, Oldskl60 said:

White works and if pop is your goal.... OJ!?

3871472654_c44c84955e_b.jpg

images (2).jpeg

Oops, looks like I'm late to the party 😬

I did find that metallic grey/orange car earlier but still didn't like the idea on the Cups - it needs the bare alloy rims to break it up like the car above...

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Not sure about your size, but you could order Bridgestone Potenza RE Z1R, which in my eye, are a copy of Direzza Z3

Unfortunately I think the 17" size is proving problematic - not a lot of stock of anything in 255/40/17 anywhere (at least not in the good brands).

I had the oposite problem, I could only get 255 in 17's but I needed bigger

Are you sure you looked properly? 

255/40R17 98 XL W BW 009691 8.5-10.0 25.0 8 21.0 0

Edit: Just saw you mentiond 'in stock' hence why I suggested order. Mine took longer than I wanted, but worth the wait :)

I ordered my rear Nitto's from this mob --> http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/productstyres.aspx?widthid=59&profileid=70&diameterid=84&PageURL=tyres

On 09/10/2020 at 12:10, P-Kay said:

I had the oposite problem, I could only get 255 in 17's but I needed bigger

Are you sure you looked properly? 

255/40R17 98 XL W BW 009691 8.5-10.0 25.0 8 21.0 0

Edit: Just saw you mentiond 'in stock' hence why I suggested order. Mine took longer than I wanted, but worth the wait :)

I ordered my rear Nitto's from this mob --> http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/productstyres.aspx?widthid=59&profileid=70&diameterid=84&PageURL=tyres

Well I ordered tyres on Friday - apparently there are significant supply issues for the more odd/older tyre sizes with covid etc... Michelin Pilots are sold out and Pirelli are insanely priced.  So I went with Falken Azenis - I don't do big kms so soft is good.  Just waiting on some center caps to arrive (which I'll have to quickly refinish to match) and I'll be able to fit the project up :)  https://www.falken.com.au/product/azenis-rt615kplus/   

And done.  Thanks to those of you supporting and corrupting me with ideas :D 

I had a quick drive this afternoon, new 17" wheel/tyre combo definitely "transmits" through to the driver more so than the old 16" - and not in a bad way.  I might try and get a squirt up the Oxley Highway over the weekend...

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg