Bye bye Honda, Red Bull now has no fizz

550Spyder

Understandably given this little thing we call the COVID GLOBAL PANDEMIC which is crushing global economies, Honda have said sianora to Formula 1, exiting at the end of their contract next year.

This leaves Red Bull ( with its two F1 teams), in the words of Victorian assistant Police commissioner “like a dog returning to its own vomit” (thanks Luke, expect to have that requoted for the rest of your natural life) by being forced back to their ex wife engine supplier Renault (now remarried and changed their maiden name to ALPINE).

I suspect messers.Horner and Marko will have no need to be drinking Red Bull to keep themselves awake at night for the next year. They are going to get more slaps in the face and rejections from the only 2 alternate engine suppliers (Ferrari and Mercedes) than I did for Year 12 formal.

Renault / Alpine will have tears in their eyes as they just signed the new concord agreement last month as a team which obliges (1) them to stay until 2025, (2) the engine supplier who provides the least teams (I.e. them) to provide engines to any orphans (I.e. Red Bull & Alpla Turi) despite the fact they had a messy divorce and said they never wanted to speak to each other only 2 years ago. 

They could always convince a totally new engine manufacturer to come in with only 12 months notice up against 2 giants who have dominated the engine formula for a decade. I am sure the Porsche boards would be thrilled at the opportunity to trash the brand.

1 hour ago, 550Spyder said:

Understandably given this little thing we call the COVID GLOBAL PANDEMIC which is crushing global economies, Honda have said sianora to Formula 1, exiting at the end of their contract next year.

This leaves Red Bull ( with its two F1 teams), in the words of Victorian assistant Police commissioner “like a dog returning to its own vomit” (thanks Luke, expect to have that requoted for the rest of your natural life) by being forced back to their ex wife engine supplier Renault (now remarried and changed their maiden name to ALPINE).

I suspect messers.Horner and Marko will have no need to be drinking Red Bull to keep themselves awake at night for the next year. They are going to get more slaps in the face and rejections from the only 2 alternate engine suppliers (Ferrari and Mercedes) than I did for Year 12 formal.

Renault / Alpine will have tears in their eyes as they just signed the new concord agreement last month as a team which obliges (1) them to stay until 2025, (2) the engine supplier who provides the least teams (I.e. them) to provide engines to any orphans (I.e. Red Bull & Alpla Turi) despite the fact they had a messy divorce and said they never wanted to speak to each other only 2 years ago. 

They could always convince a totally new engine manufacturer to come in with only 12 months notice up against 2 giants who have dominated the engine formula for a decade. I am sure the Porsche boards would be thrilled at the opportunity to trash the brand.

It has been on the wane for a few years now, do yourself a favour and watch the MotoGp, more 'racing' in the first lap than a season of F!

1 hour ago, Harsh said:

It has been on the wane for a few years now, do yourself a favour and watch the MotoGp, more 'racing' in the first lap than a season of F!

MotoGP rules. 

This is definitely the best top level racing to watch. 

42 minutes ago, luzzo said:

MotoGP rules. 

This is definitely the best top level racing to watch. 

500cc GP and MotoGP always has been compared to any motorsport. Nothing comes close except for earlier World Superbikes when Aussies were always at the top.

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

500cc GP and MotoGP always has been compared to any motorsport. Nothing comes close except for earlier World Superbikes when Aussies were always at the top.

T. Corser Esq.

5 hours ago, Harsh said:

It has been on the wane my entire life, and I'm in my 40s.

Nothing to see here, move along.

12 hours ago, 550Spyder said:

Renault may be forced to supply engines but are they obliged to supply good ones.....?   Cyril, can we pleeeease have some more power. 😂. Watching Horner eat humble pie will be better to watch than the racing.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Renault may be forced to supply engines but are they obliged to supply good ones.....?   Cyril, can we pleeeease have some more power. 😂. Watching Horner eat humble pie will be better to watch than the racing.

Netflix will be happy 😂