Porsche 959 for sale

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

The best looking 80's car has to be:

288-gto.jpeg

Even though they lost a bit luster to those yellow modified Carrera 3.2's in that famous R&T comparison, I still think they're the pick. 

That was the car that triggered my desire in sports cars . My uncle owned one and took me out in it as a 10 year old it blew my mind .

I recently found his car for sale 

https://www.oldtimeraustralia.com/wp_car_dealer/1977-ferrari-308-gtb-vetroresina-coming-soon/

I can't help myself.  GT1 is an eye sore and I'm not a big fan of the 959 aside from the Canepa variants.  288 GTO and F40 are beautuful.  Would anyone like to tell me how the 959 was any better / innovative etc than the Nissan Skyline R32 GTR which was launched in 1989?  Yeah it predated the Skyline by a few years.  It was made by Porsche and there were only 200.  But at the other end of the scale Nissan mass mass produced their amazing car which is kinda cool too.  Don't get me wrong the 959 was a poster car for me as a kid, but it is a little fugly and objectively not that special. I jumped in one at PCM once and it felt straight up like a nice 3.2 Carrera, but not much more.

As an aside I saw the Duttons car advertised on FB Marketplace which amused me no end.  I asked what their best price was for a cash buyer, money waiting...

4 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

What are the thoughts on what this is worth? I love the lines on these cars:wub:

Think the last one sold for $6-8m AU money

@Pork Chops

Normally I'd agree with you on the GT1, as I'd never liked like look of it...until I saw and heard it a few weeks ago at The Bend. It was the only reason I went there out of curiosity and because its 1 of 20 in the world and the only one with road rego, yet I came away loving the car.

The 959 to looks like a kit car to me, and I really don't like it at all and never will

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Think the last one sold for $6-8m AU money

@Pork Chops

Normally I'd agree with you on the GT1, as I'd never liked like look of it...until I saw and heard it a few weeks ago at The Bend. It was the only reason I went there out of curiosity and because its 1 of 20 in the world and the only one with road rego, yet I came away loving the car.

The 959 to looks like a kit car to me, and I really don't like it at all and never will

You're so disagreeable I'm inclined to agree with everything you say.

2 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

You're so disagreeable I'm inclined to agree with everything you say.

Gotcha 👍😁

The GT1 really is a piece of work from any angle mate. Video of it on my Instagram page if you haven't seen/heard it

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

The GT1 really is a piece of work from any angle mate. Video of it on my Instagram page if you haven't seen/heard it

Best headlights of any Porsche ever made too! 😝