Porsche 964 Carrera 2 Exhaust options

911Gbanger

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

I have a G pipe, simplest cheapest mod to achieve a pretty cool sound.  Cat bypass is a further option, again inexpensive.  Both will give you a slight performance improvement.  Depends what your goal is?  Bits can be bought from the usual UK on-line suspects.  Few hundred in total I recall.

I've been super happy with the Fister. Combine it with a stock primary muffler and you'll get a good increase in growl. I run mine with a cup pipe and love the combination. Absolutely no drone when cruising. 

Here's my video review (including sounds of drive bus etc...)

3 hours ago, Andy73 said:

I've been super happy with the Fister. Combine it with a stock primary muffler and you'll get a good increase in growl. I run mine with a cup pipe and love the combination. Absolutely no drone when cruising. 

One of the best exhaust reviews I've watched Well done 

20 hours ago, Stepo said:

Andy recently posted a vid re Fister, take care googling that

Someone on here may have something they want to offload

haha yes very careful 😂

5 hours ago, Andy73 said:

great videos mate..👏

apihdafn6__24522.1469481470.jpg.jp2Thanks for all the replies guys..

So I've looked into the g-pipe(secondary bypass) and looks to be a great option with a (primary bypass) which cuts out the big muffler at the back. both of these are available from fabspeed. what do you guys think that idea?

BMG_7530__04350.1432825375.JPG.jp2

If you don't spend the big bucks and go with the amazing Fister, my recommendation is a Cup pipe and the factory secondary muffler.

I had the G-pipe and it does sound good but the Cup pipe is more of a classic air-cooled sound in my books so I benched the G-pipe and installed an FVD Cup Pipe. I also have a Fabspeed Sport Cat but that was more of a performance than sound upgrade, very happy with that also. 

21 hours ago, poli84 said:

If you don't spend the big bucks and go with the amazing Fister, my recommendation is a Cup pipe and the factory secondary muffler.

I had the G-pipe and it does sound good but the Cup pipe is more of a classic air-cooled sound in my books so I benched the G-pipe and installed an FVD Cup Pipe. I also have a Fabspeed Sport Cat but that was more of a performance than sound upgrade, very happy with that also. 

Thanks again poli84, don't think ill go the Fister. I'm sure its a great product i just don't want an unnecessary muffler when i can just delete it with a G-pipe. So i think im going to go with the fabspeed primary and secondary bypass setup with the sports cat. 

Thanks again to everyones reply's, links and comments certainly helped me get my head around the whole exhaust system. 

image.png.43763aea8269e98e838c6845792c9001.pngI have one of these if you are interested...

16 hours ago, 911Gbanger said:

So i think im going to go with the fabspeed primary and secondary bypass setup with the sports cat. 

so that means you are going to run an open pipe?? I've tried it.. it's stupid loud and obnoxious. I drove around the block and was so embarassed. 

On 06/10/2020 at 19:12, Stepo said:

Sorry mate, I thought they covered 964.

What about Fabspeed or Dansk?

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche/911-carrera-964/

I had the fabspeed system and was pretty happy with it - not too obnoxious but sounds like it means business. A little boomy at highway speeds, but apparently the new ones are better.

At $6k landed from the US for a full system, you might as well get a custom system.

19 hours ago, 911Gbanger said:

Thanks again poli84, don't think ill go the Fister. I'm sure its a great product i just don't want an unnecessary muffler when i can just delete it with a G-pipe. So i think im going to go with the fabspeed primary and secondary bypass setup with the sports cat. 

Thanks again to everyones reply's, links and comments certainly helped me get my head around the whole exhaust system. 

Wait, you're deleting both and running a sport cat? I had a G pipe originally and when I fit the cup pipe i tried running the two together (primary and secondary bypass) and it was batshit loud. And not actually a nice sound - completely overwhelmed the classic Porsche sound. @poli84 has a great setup (have heard it many times) and it'd be an easy one to try. He also has an open airbag which I think adds to the sound. If you're still not feeling it's loud enough you could then do the secondary bypass. 

On 09/10/2020 at 09:20, Andy73 said:

Wait, you're deleting both and running a sport cat? I had a G pipe originally and when I fit the cup pipe i tried running the two together (primary and secondary bypass) and it was batshit loud. And not actually a nice sound - completely overwhelmed the classic Porsche sound. @poli84 has a great setup (have heard it many times) and it'd be an easy one to try. He also has an open airbag which I think adds to the sound. If you're still not feeling it's loud enough you could then do the secondary bypass. 

Ok yes lol I think you’re right it’ll probably be a bit too loud. That setup sounds like a good one. The fister muffler will be a good option with cup pipe and sportcat. 

I agree with @Andy73, primary and secondary muffler delete is too much, way too much. When installing my cup pipe (primary delete), i went for a drive while the G-pipe was still fitted and it was horrible. I would stick with the primary delete, retain factory secondary (don't bother with the G-pipe) and then a sports cat. As Andy said, i have an open airbox too which makes great induction noise and nice lift off-throttle rasp. 

7 hours ago, poli84 said:

I agree with @Andy73, primary and secondary muffler delete is too much, way too much. When installing my cup pipe (primary delete), i went for a drive while the G-pipe was still fitted and it was horrible. I would stick with the primary delete, retain factory secondary (don't bother with the G-pipe) and then a sports cat. As Andy said, i have an open airbox too which makes great induction noise and nice lift off-throttle rasp. 

Do you have any video/audio of your system?  I'm running Fabspeed primary and secondary delete with dual tips.  I'm pretty happy with it but always open for change!

I was running a cat delete but the car was too smelly for street use.  I tried a high flow cat but settled for factory in the end.  A bit more 'muted' throttle response but I was happy to compromise since retiring the car from track days.

I have custom high flow and Fabspeed cat delete if anyone is looking for those options.

15 hours ago, DS911 said:

Do you have any video/audio of your system?  I'm running Fabspeed primary and secondary delete with dual tips.  I'm pretty happy with it but always open for change!

I was running a cat delete but the car was too smelly for street use.  I tried a high flow cat but settled for factory in the end.  A bit more 'muted' throttle response but I was happy to compromise since retiring the car from track days.

I have custom high flow and Fabspeed cat delete if anyone is looking for those options.

Not specifically but if you check out Andy's youtube chanel, my car is in a few of the videos so you will get a little idea. Couldn't give you time stamps of where it appears but it is in there multiple times and Andy's video's are great so not the worst thing to sit through ;) . Maybe check out the Alpine Range Rally III where my car is the thumbnail and the post Christmas run videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQdUw0rnzqUIDHYWun2EWA

5 hours ago, poli84 said:

Not specifically but if you check out Andy's youtube chanel, my car is in a few of the videos so you will get a little idea. Couldn't give you time stamps of where it appears but it is in there multiple times and Andy's video's are great so not the worst thing to sit through ;) . Maybe check out the Alpine Range Rally III where my car is the thumbnail and the post Christmas run videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPQdUw0rnzqUIDHYWun2EWA

Thanks very much.  I think I'll end up watching all those videos!

On 12/10/2020 at 14:34, poli84 said:

Open air box? Do you have a link or a picture of it ?

15 hours ago, 911Gbanger said:

Open air box? Do you have a link or a picture of it ?

It's just this one, nothing special, the previous owner of my car had it installed when I purchased over 6 years ago. Arguments could be made about heat with an open airbox, i have nothing to prove or disprove that and have left it on the car. Sounds great, looks good and my 964 runs great so I'm happy (also have a MAF conversion as well as the above mentioned Sport Cat and Cup Pipe). 

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-964-carrera-cup-high-performance-airbox/

IMG_0303.jpg

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

It's just this one, nothing special, the previous owner of my car had it installed when I purchased over 6 years ago. Arguments could be made about heat with an open airbox, i have nothing to prove or disprove that and have left it on the car. Sounds great, looks good and my 964 runs great so I'm happy (also have a MAF conversion as well as the above mentioned Sport Cat and Cup Pipe). 

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-964-carrera-cup-high-performance-airbox/

IMG_0303.jpg

Nice 👌 the air box looks good. I like it. Yeh I noticed on one of your other videos on the MAF conversation. Great video very informative.