Opinions...

Pembo

Renovating the targa bar today. A new rear targa seal was the actual job i set out to do but, I think most of you have been there before. Am i right?

There were a few little dings in the top of the bar so i've tapped them out. Bubs grade panel beating is about all i will attempt. The bar will be resprayed to gloss black but what should i do with the Targa badges? They were black and had never been removed just sprayed over last time. A bit of 'Lemon Peel' Stripper and they are pretty good apart from very minor marks.

I think the flat chrome badges go with the wheels and will look good against the black background. Opinions? Thought about Yellow for 2 seconds then thought better.

20201018_183757.jpg

20201018_183751.jpg

20201018_182114.jpg

20201018_181506.jpg

I suspect I will be in the minority but I would paint them black again.  Everyone knows its a Targa and black on black makes it subtle.

Definitely not yellow, silver, platinum or flat chrome will decent against the black where as yellow will look a bit after market.

Cheers, I was joking about the yellow, just to get a rise. The car has been all de-chromed in the 1990s after import and full metal wide body and the 964 kit added. I would like to go back to an original look however the steepness of that slippery slope for this vehicle is daunting. I think it will stay as is for quite a while. Flat silver against the black bar will do. It does pick up the silver wheels. My main concern is getting it back to A1 mechanically, engine and suspension. I've got just the steering to address then she's a banger. The engine is the original 2.4 case but rebuilt as a 2.7 and it howls. The CIS system will get a full going over if i don't blow it up first. Must do something about a front spoiler before i go too fast again. Talking of slippery slopes, I'm thinking of swapping the mega wing for a ducksbum but then the bumpers/bodykit, where does it end. Divorce. She's still smiling at the moment.  20201003_171249.thumb.jpg.e57cdcfc89817b4aef219abc5cbf1b76.jpg