The ugliest Porsche in Aus'

MFX

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Maybe what Rennch is doing on his Blasphemy build @MFX? Sounds like a cheapish alternative if the stock engine goes pop

Yeah, Mike's build should be interesting, but I have a couple of much better options. My plan has been to fit an Audi V8, as they are cheaper than an LS and they bolt straight on to a Boxster transaxle. I believe the Boxster transaxle is actually an Audi box, and is actually the same gearbox that is in FWD A4's, just with slightly different ratio's. 

Just yesterday another much more interesting possibility came up. It may be a bit more work, but it was far too good to pass up. We will see how it pans out though.

16 hours ago, MFX said:

Yeah, Mike's build should be interesting, but I have a couple of much better options. My plan has been to fit an Audi V8, as they are cheaper than an LS and they bolt straight on to a Boxster transaxle. I believe the Boxster transaxle is actually an Audi box, and is actually the same gearbox that is in FWD A4's, just with slightly different ratio's. 

Just yesterday another much more interesting possibility came up. It may be a bit more work, but it was far too good to pass up. We will see how it pans out though.

2003 RS6 drive train  ... wet your whistle ?

2 hours ago, MFX said:

I have been looking at a few different options. That would be nice if my other option doesn't come through.

you’re turning down a 2 x turbo 8 monster With new box . For what ..  EV . 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Coastr said:

It is very hard to go past an ls1 for cost/hp, upgradability and aftermarket support.  There are better engines but not at the value point.

Actually for a Boxster, there are much better value/power engines ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Buggered rings / bore I reckon.  Though that doesn’t explain why it won’t turn over. Oil starvation likely cause.

You have to pull it down.  Think of the ‘unboxing’ content.  You can show the viewers the notorious IMS bearing and explain why it fails.  The ims in it is probably a bit dicey.  
not sure about coffee table - v engines best for that. The split block might make a good tool organiser.

54 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Buggered rings / bore I reckon.  Though that doesn’t explain why it won’t turn over. Oil starvation likely cause.

You have to pull it down.  Think of the ‘unboxing’ content.  You can show the viewers the notorious IMS bearing and explain why it fails.  The ims in it is probably a bit dicey.  
not sure about coffee table - v engines best for that. The split block might make a good tool organiser.

The suggestion I have had that I think is the most likely cause is a blown head gasket caused by the radiators that were blocked for so long. That let water into the sump, which in turn cooked the bearings and seized the engine.