993C4S full detail

Tips

A good friend gave his newly acquired 993 to Mitch at Sydney Premium Detailing to rejuvenate 24 years of neglect. Full detail including underneath plus PPF. Great to see the work these young guys can do

https://www.facebook.com/sydneypremiumdetailing/videos/268530244503506/?vh=e&extid=0

21 hours ago, Grimmy said:

That is a very high end detail with full PPF. I should imagine budget circa $15k?

Would think PPF part would be in the area of $5k - a front bumper, bonnet and headlight self install Xpel kit for my 996 C2 was a grand on it;s own.....   $10k for the rest seems reasonablish (not that I'd be able to afford $10k for a go-over like that....)

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Whoa  :o

I wouldn't expect that much.

$11k mates rates 😮 and has given the guys plenty of work having a number of cars and collector mates as well. I drove the car up there it was so dull and really just was filthy inside and out, never really been detailed in its life. Picked it up with him and the car just gleemed. One of the best paint restorations I have seen. Great thing is it gets driven, so PPF is definitely required. 

19 minutes ago, Tips said:

$11k mates rates 😮 and has given the guys plenty of work having a number of cars and collector mates as well.

We all perceive value in different ways.

I would be looking for new mates if my detailer wanted to charge me $11k.  

51 minutes ago, luzzo said:

We all perceive value in different ways.

I would be looking for new mates if my detailer wanted to charge me $11k.  

Agree, not money I would spend but for others money is no object when bringing life back to a car you love and in percentage terms of its value only enhancing an investment that you like to drive regularly

1 hour ago, DJM said:

My regular car wash dude  at Frankston shopping centre UG car park does a bloody good wash and interior clean for $70 and polish for about $100, 1/110th of the cost.  Yeah it won’t be quiiiite as good but......

Maybe we can take both of ours in and get a group discount?? 😅

14 hours ago, luzzo said:

Whoa  :o

I wouldn't expect that much.

I based my calculation on the 100 hours labour. That is a significant amount of time and based on an arbitrary $100.00 per hour there is $10k before consumables. (and given the product used this would not be cheap)  Add in the not insignificant full car Xpel Paint Protection film and it would be pushing close to that big number.

12 hours ago, Tips said:

$11k mates rates 😮 and has given the guys plenty of work having a number of cars and collector mates as well. I drove the car up there it was so dull and really just was filthy inside and out, never really been detailed in its life. Picked it up with him and the car just gleemed. One of the best paint restorations I have seen. Great thing is it gets driven, so PPF is definitely required. 

Ok so my $15k was a little too high. 

The thing that stood out to me in the video is what can be achieved with time and patience. Taking 5 hours to remove one piece of original stone guard film is a standout, that is significant patience and resulted in no damage to the original paint. 👍

A very high end paint restoration and preservation project. Pity there was not more detail on the interior restoration however it looked pretty impressive post treatment

Of course I understand that the 100 hours is "Man hours" based on multiple people working in conjunction however if you were to do this yourself you would be looking at over 12 days working a SOLID 8 hours!

Thanks for sharing the video.

The car looks fantastic and they did a great job with it from the looks of the video.  Mitch did some minor work my TT previously and I was very happy with it.

It's expensive, but the numbers make sense.  It's circa $6k retail for a complete wrap, plus the detailing which would be time consuming enough to run 4-5k 

I ran the numbers over one of these businesses about 10 months ago and to make them work your really need scale.  $6k sounds a lot, but it isn't a lot of revenue if you're only scaled to do one car per week plus a few details.  There's a couple of k in material costs to wrap a full car from memory depending on which film is used.  In no way implying this is what this business is setup for (I've no idea).  But its bulk work, rather than lots of small widgets  

Having watched about half the video I think you are short selling it by calling it a detail...

it’s not a restoration, but it is definitely a rejuvenation.

and at 11k, that’s actually very reasonable when you consider the alternatives - ie paint and new interior trim

jr