PORSCHE 912 OR 911 RHD WANTED

Anyone willing or knows someone willing to sell their Porsche 912 or 911 (1967 or before) in right hand drive. Reasonable price and condition doesn’t matter as long as it’s running, minimal rust and interior is not completely torn apart. NO AUCTIONS (if there are any sale outside of Australia that would be okay too)

Coupe or targa doesn’t matter 

Factory RHD

Preferred matching numbers but if it doesn’t have that’ll work too 

Stock car; however, if it has been modified then modifications should be removable

Budget anywhere up to $45,000 (a bit of rust and shabby condition is also fine, again as long as the engine is running smooth and it’s driving smooth) 

Factory RHD

Stock car; however, if it has been modified then modifications should be removable

Budget anywhere up to $45,000 (a bit of rust and shabby condition is also fine, again as long as the engine is running smooth and it’s driving smooth) 

8 hours ago, Ammar Raza said:

Factory RHD

To be honest, you won't find one for $45,000. You would probably need to at least double your budget for a 912 and triple it for a 911

I think it’s great you want an early Porsche, I hope you find your RHD 912. I have a manufactured in 1967 (68 model) SWB factory RHD 912 and I always smile when I drive it, it’s a lot of fun. Sorry I think you may need to adjust your budget. My 912 is a driver quality factory 5 speed with a nice history, and i have two standing offers for it at 100k. I think if you budgeted to pay a bit more for your starting point, you may end up paying less in the long run.

2 minutes ago, ITS-911 said:

I think it’s great you want an early Porsche, I hope you find your RHD 912. I have a manufactured in 1967 (68 model) SWB factory RHD 912 and I always smile when I drive it, it’s a lot of fun. Sorry I think you may need to adjust your budget. My 912 is a driver quality factory 5 speed with a nice history, and i have two standing offers for it at 100k. I think if you budgeted to pay a bit more for your starting point, you may end up paying less in the long run.

Can you PM me any pics of your factory RHD 912s mate? Are you willing to let go?

I know you weren't specifically asking for Australian delivered RHD, but it's worth discussing.

Since we had 5 years of 912 supplied to Australia, I believe that in 1965 there were 13 delivered and then 1966 was the first year of full supply.

I would estimate that we got around 200 cars over that next 4 years but I can't supply any documentation to back that up.

Threads are boring without pictures.

IMG_9635.JPG

21 hours ago, Ammar Raza said:

Anyone willing or knows someone willing to sell their Porsche 912 or 911 (1967 or before) in right hand drive. Reasonable price and condition doesn’t matter as long as it’s running, minimal rust and interior is not completely torn apart. NO AUCTIONS (if there are any sale outside of Australia that would be okay too)

Factory RHD

Sadly I’m thinking your budget is not going too cut the mustard .. original RHD running smooooth and  just a little bit shabby,  just a whiff of rust.

Your description/expectation with my wetted middle finger in the air,  would add 20k plus.

Though GLWtS

when you do locate please post pics in this thread , so others, me included can develop righteous envy 

mr @9er nice car . OSSI?

51 minutes ago, ITS-911 said:

I'm not wanting a bidding war, I'm going to enjoy the Polo red 912 for a bit longer, my Aubergine 73 coupe will be the next Porsche to be sold in the future.

It's funny how the underpowered "not wanted" cars seem to be the most smiles per miles ... 😀😀

2 hours ago, michel said:

RHD colour change ex NZ , though considered Oz delivered 912 finished auction today 78 plus hammer 

Shanons?

9 hours ago, 9er said:

I know you weren't specifically asking for Australian delivered RHD, but it's worth discussing.

Since we had 5 years of 912 supplied to Australia, I believe that in 1965 there were 13 delivered and then 1966 was the first year of full supply.

I would estimate that we got around 200 cars over that next 4 years but I can't supply any documentation to back that up.

Threads are boring without pictures.

IMG_9635.JPG

Wow lovely. I don't care Aussie delivered or not, just not a fan of LHD or convertibles. Are you selling this one? I would be keen.

*Sigh* I’ll speak to you guys quite frankly, issue is my country has a vintage car rule stating cars manufactured 1967 or before can only be imported. I seriously don’t mind if the 912 or 911 is even trash as long as the engine is okay and it’s right hand drive mainly because fixing and building a car a long with sourcing parts for me is quite cheap. I’m genuinely not looking for something maintained out of this world. So if you guys do find something in my budget do give me a shoutout. I saw one (912 RHD) go on Lloyd’s for $51,000 and it was mint condition. I adjusted my price accordingly

EDIT: Just read this convo properly and saw it ended up going for 78, damn you lot🤣 anyone how if you guys do end up finding something or know someone give an update. I’ll really appreciate it. Really have always wanted a Porsche but import laws for vintage are too strict in my country. Can easily source a LHD for 25,000 USD but it’s just not the same. 

5 minutes ago, Ammar Raza said:

*Sigh* I’ll speak to you guys quite frankly, issue is my country has a vintage car rule stating cars manufactured 1967 or before can only be imported. I seriously don’t mind if the 912 or 911 is even trash as long as the engine is okay and it’s right hand drive mainly because fixing and building a car a long with sourcing parts for me is quite cheap. I’m genuinely not looking for something maintained out of this world. So if you guys do find something in my budget do give me a shoutout. I saw one (912 RHD) go on Lloyd’s for $51,000 and it was mint condition. I adjusted my price accordingly 

Your wanted ad becomes even more intriguing.

which country is this sir?

PS I’m still thinking your budget is unrealistic 

PPS  as per above comments,   Lloyds cars sold for $84,000 and certainly not mint.

Pakistan my dear friend. I also have frequent trips to Germany and know a lot of people within the automobile industry there so sourcing parts really wouldn’t be an issue. Making a practically original brand new leather interior from scratch is also quite cheap over here. Biggest issue is finding one in RHD🤣 that really limits my options to the U.K. and Australia. 

2 minutes ago, Ammar Raza said:

Pakistan my dear friend. I also have frequent trips to Germany and know a lot of people within the automobile industry there so sourcing parts really wouldn’t be an issue. Making a practically original brand new leather interior from scratch is also quite cheap over here. Biggest issue is finding one in RHD🤣 that really limits my options to the U.K. and Australia. 

hello to you in Pakistan sir. 

You have other options

South Africa 

Hong Kong 

etc 

We have one over here in Pakistan which belonged to a Prince from an Indian Princely State. Practically a barn find with hardly 1000 miles on the dash. Issue is that little buggers descendants are in too many disputes for them to sell it. Reason my budget is so short is it’s gonna cost me between 20-25,000 AUD to import, fill in taxes etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Ammar Raza said:

We have one over here in Pakistan which belonged to a Prince from an Indian Princely State. Practically a barn find with hardly 1000 miles on the dash. Issue is that little buggers descendants are in too many disputes for them to sell it. Reason my budget is so short is it’s gonna cost me between 20-25,000 AUD to import, fill in taxes etc etc.

Perhaps you could, with your budget spend lavishly on the family of this Prince, to convince them to sell the car to you?

I’m sure everyone here would love to see pictures of this princely Pakistani owned Porsche, and perhaps you could play further here and provide pictures for our pleasure