Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

So - to kick off.

New Years Day. Took the 914/6 out from home to Emerald, Woori Yallock onto Warburton for lunch. Then up Mt Donna Buang and down again (just 'cause we could) then through McMahons creek and over the hill (with LOTS of twistys) to Marysville. Cup of coffee and then She who likes to drive fast took over for the run back to Healsville over the Black Spur. Unfortunately stuck behind a few tourists so She who likes to drive fast keep slwing right down then played catch up. not satisfied She then turned off at Lilydale and did the Woori Yallock-Monbulk- Gembrook route to get back to home near Chaddy. 190 miles all up, no oil used and heaps of fun.

I'm going out to the garage now to give it it a wash.

I was heading off for a drive new years day - then I noticed that I have picked up a nail through a rear tyre. Party over....

Nails must be on sale Andy.

Was getting the rear tyre sorted this morning.

Drove to work and back however did get the opportunity to drive behind a E-Type all the way back home - those V12's on the later model just sound unreal. Had massive exhaust sound envy and felt nostalgic as at one stage just the two of us on the empty road making the moment feel veriod period.

K1200' what do you mean it's a 130kph limit? When did this happen? Where does it apply in SA? I drove in NT 2 years ago with the new 130kph limit which translated to 160kph on most days. Might be time for another trip to the great SA state.

Most of the Stuart highway from darwin to Alice and beyond is 130kph now (used to be open speed limit in the good old days). Quite a few coppers between Darwin and Adelaide river at the moment.

I drove the same road today in a hilux towing a trailer with two quadbikes - but it wasn't quite the same as the GT3.

I got notice that my 996 has been released from customs & quarantine today... so she & I will be going for a drive on Wednesday when I get back from Adelaide. Sadly she will be on my trailer as I pick her up from Port Kembla. :(

On the bright side, I will be returning from Adelaide with my 944Turbo on the trailer on Tuesday so it will be a Porsche meet and greet in my driveway!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drove up to Shepparton today to visit some clients. The Hume Hwy is such a boring road but made so much better in a Porsche. I didn't even turn the stereo on! Unfortunately I arrived back in Melbourne right in the middle of peak hour. It reminded me of why I hated my old Porsche as a daily drive.

Left home at 7.45am and drove to BP Servo on Western Port Hwy to meet up with about 18 other 356 drivers and headed to Flinders, then on through the twisties and hilly bits ending up in Sorrento around 9.30 or so. Had a great breakfast with the 36 others in attendance at the Smiles Restaurant at Coppins Beach. Very pleasant. Then drove home along the new Peninsular link road and was back by 12.30pm. The little 356 ran faultlessly as always.

Edit: The battery on the GoPro was flat.DOH!