Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

3 minutes ago, jaw said:

Singleton for me :D

I've fallen in love with this thing

44979675_10155517869516829_3540207680847

Top car - Looks about a 1/4 mile, should do it in about 12.3 and 185 kmh  I reckon! Good to see the roof down, one of life's great pleasures, top down motoring through the mountains!!

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Great spurt around the Tweed Hinterland mountains through to the Currimbin valley for a few hours, :CoolDance:always F all traffic :Dfinished up in Burleigh heads :Beer:

iUp0fcU.jpg

Looks tiny, it is, the little Boxster that could!

d7EaXlG.jpg

Jeff, How many Boxters do you own?? I thought yours was black?

7 hours ago, Niko said:

Too good a Melbourne day to stay home, so headed off to Flinders for a little spin in the BBC.

Stopped at the Vietnamese Soup pop up truck at Flinders.   then back via Arthurs seat.

Only disappointing part of the day was coming home via The Esplanade between Safety Beach and Mt Martha.

Yep, same old problem push bikes.   Cars banked up behind them because of the double lines. 20 to 25 k....

Aggro happening from cars behind the cars that were afraid to break the law and cross double lines.

I will never understand why they would choose to take that road for a ride.   Please enlighten me bike riders..... 

The governments have spent millions on bike paths and designated lanes on roads, for them.... but no, why use them, when you can cause chaos on other roads.

There are certain roads that push bikes should not be allowed on...and this is one.    You would have to wonder about the mentality of these people.

Sorry that was a cross between this thread and the Vent thread

Great minds think alike... wifey, doggo and I rolled into Flinders for a late lunch at the cafe across the road today. Sure was a nice day out. 

Bike tracks on weekends are full of tourists and kids and dogs going in random directions. If you want to get some distance under your bike wheels and maintain a decent pace, the road is preferable. That said, I don’t get the riders who sit 2 or 3 across the lane. I’d rather stay skinny as possible on the left side making plenty of room for cars to avoid me. 

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Its a small world and a big forum

Hey this is Tassie we're talking about here , didn't even get past 1 degree of separation?  For 25 years I lived not 1 km as the crow flies from where @NBTBRV8and his family lived, and I was a pretty regular visitor in my MG Car Club days - I did wonder about the RV8 in the user name....  Presume car will live in Hobart, but may see it up here from time to time.

Disappointed I missed it @Typ9xxI think I spotted that red 997 heading on to pennant hills road close to lunch. Made me realise I do like a red G body but seem to ignor modern Porsche’s in red. It looked great and might have changed my mind. ?

On 19/08/2018 at 17:11, 1q2w3e4r said:

Its a stock PDK, minimal wheel spin on this pass as the left lane was the best for grip, I only had two passes in the left lane, this and another that was done at 11.1.  The 60'ft times were in the 1.7-1.8 range which is pretty good for street rubber on 19 inch wheels, it gets out of the hole pretty well.  

It either needs better air, a diet, more power or a great hook up to cut a 10 I think!

Went back out with the TT and cut a 10.7 which was nice!  

That's a cracking 993 above!

Mrs let me take her new 981 on our club EMR yesterday while she went off doing other things (like being chauffeured around in a friends DB6!!).  Amongst other roads, we did the Holwell Targa Tasmania stage.  Faark am I impressed with a standard 981 PDK Boxster!!!!  Reckon this things got more go out of the 2.7 than the 3.2 in her 987 S. and that PDK is so sweet!!!!  Must admit I had all the performance I needed without even resorting to Sport plus!!!  Want to try this again when I've done a few more K's in it, and we get some new rubber!!!

9 hours ago, Tips said:

Can’t believe she just walked on by the boxrod, I thought it would be a chick magnet 🤩 obviously blind 

Of course the car's a chick magnetB) …. can't say the same for the middle aged dude sitting in it and his gob filled with a burger …. walking on by, playing hard to get imo