Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

1 hour ago, Damienb said:

Lorne to Aireys today for a pint of Rogue Wave Ale at the Aireys Pub with the missus.  First time she's been in the car in over 2 years - was great fun. We came across the usual summer holiday traffic on the G.O.R. but (amazingly)  had 3 separate cars heed the signs to pull over for a following vehicle.  That never happens.  (BTW, there is no photographer in the back seat - my wife is a master of the selfie).

MVIMG_20190105_135718.jpg

You doing thumbs up for the tourists there?

... down the highway to check for water / oil leaks after replacing the water pump and doing an oil change.  glanced at the odo just in time to to see this...

sNGMR0G.jpg

And no leaks  :)

Just need to fill the windscreen washer bottle, hence the warning light.  

12 hours ago, Nick S said:

Headed out on a drive from Torquay, down the Great Ocean Road to Port Campbell. Couldn't help but try and recreate the photo @Damienb had the other day on the same road. I can't match up to the selfie skills of your wife Damien, but I tried!

You kinda matched the facial hair....🤣

On our travels, an older gent (must be in his 70's) came up and asked who owned the 911's. Turns out he has a few bits for sale (see General values/for sale thread) and if we were after anything we could have a look. Ofcourse I had the grand vision of going to his house and finding a Gmund 356 or 73RS sitting under a tarp I could buy for 10 grand, but it was not be unfortunately. He does have this he has been building though 😳 3.4 all steel beast and an 800hp late model Falcon ute 😳😳

Oh, and it was a great drive in perfect weather 👍

20190109-121129.jpg

20190109-120351.jpg

20190109-120435.jpg

20190109-121432.jpg

20190109-121152.jpg

Also dropped into Buik Motorworks for a chat, and this was there. Nothing unusual to see a bay Kombi with faux patina wrap...then Craig tells me it has a 450hp 3.6 turbo engine and G50 box in it! 😳 Holy shit 😄😄

20190109-093532.jpg

Then you see the Motec dash. This would be hilarious to drive

20190109-093548.jpg

First big outing in the "modern" 996, last minute decision to drive to Kiama yesterday, I'm really glad the A/C works well, it was around 39°c in western Sydney when i came through, unfortunately down the freeway but will head up to Kangaroo Valley today so some twisties will be had.

• 2 weeks later...

So after the fitting of my new waterpump i decided i better give it a test out, because that's what one should do after the car sat in my garage for a week and a half waiting for this to happen. I didn't go anywhere special but on my first leg i did about a 50km leg and was heading home when i decided i wasn't ready to get out.

So i headed south down around western Lake Macquarie , roads were busy and it was hot, 37 deg hot, but with with 996 A/C it made it a pleasant drive and with my Gundo hacked mufflers singing in my ears i was a happy man for an hour and a half.

Love this car:D 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Did a lazy 1200ish km’s around the Victorian Alps over the weekend.  😁

I had a few friends along for the ride , you know who you are  😉

FF6F649C-11D8-4080-8A79-775B5A3FCABA.jpeg.eb6fae7a7ba6b0e1c70e410b4054cfee.jpeg

Amazing roads up there! How'd the heat effect the air cooled cars?

18 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Did a lazy 1200ish km’s around the Victorian Alps over the weekend.  😁

I had a few friends along for the ride , you know who you are  😉

I think I might have seen you there....

PHOTO-2019-03-03-17-30-53.jpg

Nice little spirited scoot from Coolangatta to Natural Bridge today, bugger all traffic, hills and scenery the entire way. Nice black SC (not sure but had a turbo tail) passed just near the old Chillingham butcher shop, had a little wave to each other so he must be a good bloke, anyone here?

7 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Nice little spirited scoot from Coolangatta to Natural Bridge today, bugger all traffic, hills and scenery the entire way. Nice black SC (not sure but had a turbo tail) passed just near the old Chillingham butcher shop, had a little wave to each other so he must be a good bloke, anyone here?

Mid week run eh? They are the best.

I grit my teeth to say though, there is a hidden speed camera in the 60 zone near the Numinbah school of arts. Ask me how i know.

4 hours ago, firstone said:

Mid week run eh? They are the best.

I grit my teeth to say though, there is a hidden speed camera in the 60 zone near the Numinbah school of arts. Ask me how i know.

Never seen as much as a police car from Bilimbal hills to the Murwillumbah outskirts . When I get across the grill and over the border into the police state, I immediately watch my speed especially from Pine Creek Rd to Advancetown etc. Always a HWY patrol around the Hinze dam especially weekends.

Out for a quick blat in the Adelaide hills with Stew, Andrew and the Urban Cowboy in his red 911, and a cyclist stopped to have a chat. Turns out he's on holidays from Germany and owns 4 911's, and some of us knew who he was from Instagram. Bloody small world we live in 

IMG-20190310-133602-787.jpg

And thanks for the drive of the 996 @PhilH...bastard! 😉

E1EEAE6F-4FE0-4133-BC4B-B75C0454EEE1.jpeg.2396b0b15199368b4c7458e29bb25405.jpeg94E80A40-50B6-461B-BD85-308EA12CF5FF.thumb.jpg.2ad1e39beb3bd427be14269ecd537464.jpg

Felt like fish and chips for lunch so we jumped in the BBC and headed down my favourite fish and chip shop at Port Albert.

the place was chockers, they were doing the blessing of the fleet or some such thing. 

Road surface most of the time was crap, but otherwise good run, lots of HP Plods on the road and RBT station just outside of Tooradin.

Probably targeting the people coming back from the Hysterics at the Island.

BBC went like a Pan Am 747 once again.

34 litres, 380 k's for the Gummy Shark and Chippies.   

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Out for a quick blat in the Adelaide hills with Stew, Andrew and the Urban Cowboy in his red 911, and a cyclist stopped to have a chat. Turns out he's on holidays from Germany and owns 4 911's, and some of us knew who he was from Instagram. Bloody small world we live in 

IMG-20190310-133602-787.jpg

And thanks for the drive of the 996 @PhilH...bastard! 😉

All part of the service Lee...You need to know what the dark side holds before jumping over 🙂