Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Went on a PCV mid week run, great day.  Started near Pakenham, out through Neerim South, Warragul, Korumburra and finished with lunch at the RACV Club in Inverloch.
2 Caymans, 2 Boxsters, 930 Turbo, 993 Turbo, 997 Turbo, 991 Carrera, 911 SC and a couple of slow fill ins, Maserati & Aston Martin Vantage

Took my loan car........ 2012 Cayman for a drive to Healesville via the twisties , Warburton, Yea etc.

Great fun but missed the 993, few more days with the Cayman might change my mind.

K

What's goin on K why is the 993 off the road?

C

What are the benefits of that mod?

It tightens up the rear end.

Sorry, best was to describe how it feels!!!!

The engine mounts are essentially less flexible and allow the engine to move with the chassis and be more connected as opposed to slopping around. Massive difference in handling and performance, particularly for the 2wd versions which have standard mounts.

It tightens up the rear end.

Sorry, best was to describe how it feels!!!!

The engine mounts are essentially less flexible and allow the engine to move with the chassis and be more connected as opposed to slopping around. Massive difference in handling and performance, particularly for the 2wd versions which have standard mounts.

Yep what T said. It makes the car feel much more direct. You feel what it's doing , much more connected.

The best mod you can make to a 993 and in fact they wear out after about 80k so it's something that should be done anyway....

C

Yep what T said. It makes the car feel much more direct. You feel what it's doing , much more connected.

The best mod you can make to a 993 and in fact they wear out after about 80k so it's something that should be done anyway....

C

Thanks fellas. Same with a 964?

T-Man,

They have booked the Cayman out to me until Friday but more than likely they will be finished by the end of today. 

On the sinister front, I don't think there are any problems with the car but you never know what they might find. 

The RS engine mounts sound like a good plan both you and Chris have really noticed the difference they made. 

K

SMT driver training is much more cost effective!!!

PCV membership gives you the option of track days in entree class at a good price. Great way to get to know your new toy in a safer environment. Then you can really appreciate how good these cars are and enjoy the SMT's with more confidence.

On Sunday early my beloved and I went up through Kinglake to Healsville via Toolangi enjoyed a nice breaky and came back the same way, some of my most favorite motorcycling roads, which also make me enjoy my SC now, the bonus was NO stone chips!

On Sunday early my beloved and I went up through Kinglake to Healsville via Toolangi enjoyed a nice breaky and came back the same way, some of my most favorite motorcycling roads, which also make me enjoy my SC now, the bonus was NO stone chips!

Ah, Chum Creek Rd? Very nice drive.