Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

PCV membership gives you the option of track days in entree class at a good price. Great way to get to know your new toy in a safer environment. Then you can really appreciate how good these cars are and enjoy the SMT's with more confidence.

Harv, I'd need a Cams licence to do that right?

On Sunday early my beloved and I went up through Kinglake to Healsville via Toolangi enjoyed a nice breaky and came back the same way, some of my most favorite motorcycling roads, which also make me enjoy my SC now, the bonus was NO stone chips!

I haven't driven those roads for years but used to love them in my Skyline. I must take the Porsche there for a spin.

PCV membership gives you the option of track days in entree class at a good price. Great way to get to know your new toy in a safer environment. Then you can really appreciate how good these cars are and enjoy the SMT's with more confidence.

Yes, we have had this conversation previously and I am yet to join the Porsche Club. I'm not that great of a "Club" guy.

However, I am thinking about it a little more these days as I would really like to get on the track. 

I haven't driven those roads for years but used to love them in my Skyline. I must take the Porsche there for a spin.

Simon, I live in the Northern burbs and regularly hit those roads.

There is no doubt that they are fantastic driving roads with great scenery.

Got bored of the DD so the SC got the nod for the work run.

Hit the road at 4pm. 34.2 deg no A/C, not a problem. Took the scenic drive thru the leafy (shady) inner eastern burbs to avoid the Citylink traffic trap.

I've seen you drive the SC in 38 deg!!!!!!!!!

I'm calling you "Iceman" from here on!!!!!!

Like a good Greeeeek family we decided to visit the outlaws at Safety Beach and headed up to church service in Red Hill too. First time on Peninsula linkff, what a great run up there. Once the service finished decided to do the run down Arthurs Seat, shame about the camry leading the pack though.........

On the way home decided to let loose a bit and give the 991 a bit of a spanking on Peninsula Link and the Frankston Fwy. Once existed onto Wells Rd noticed a bit of a road block which hindered the spirited driving only to discover a poor F430 broken down in the left lane. I was about to snap a photo of the poor bugger but my wife felt sorry for him and said "How would you like it if it was you?". Quickly followed by "It's Italian you expect it, no news here just move on.........."

Back again tomorrow as we need to pick up the kids from Safety Beach at lunchtime. Looking forward to doing it all over again :)

Like a good Greeeeek family we decided to visit the outlaws at Safety Beach and headed up to church service in Red Hill too. First time on Peninsula linkff, what a great run up there. Once the service finished decided to do the run down Arthurs Seat, shame about the camry leading the pack though.........

On the way home decided to let loose a bit and give the 991 a bit of a spanking on Peninsula Link and the Frankston Fwy. Once existed onto Wells Rd noticed a bit of a road block which hindered the spirited driving only to discover a poor F430 broken down in the left lane. I was about to snap a photo of the poor bugger but my wife felt sorry for him and said "How would you like it if it was you?". Quickly followed by "It's Italian you expect it, no news here just move on.........."

Back again tomorrow as we need to pick up the kids from Safety Beach at lunchtime. Looking forward to doing it all over again :)

Ha..spot the Aussie down there. I must be the only Greek without a family house at Safety Beach!

Good to see the 991 didn't join the Ferrari.

Arthur, 

isn't Peninsula Link just a shiny new stretch for the speed cameras  :ph34r:   I suggest a nicely regulated cruise rather than a place for a bit of a squirt.

Arthur, 

isn't Peninsula Link just a shiny new stretch for the speed cameras  :ph34r:   I suggest a nicely regulated cruise rather than a place for a bit of a squirt.

Harvs,

Speed cameras were spotted and noted. A squirt was in control to some degree :P

Dont over do it when the girls are in the car. Even though they do egg me on a bit. I think I have a couple hoons on my hands, especially when they are willing to pay for my speeding fines! Funny how the 5 year old was willing to pay $1 for me to go zoooooom

I would like to think I am responsible in the car and on public roads.

Arthur

Arthur, just to let you know the cameras are not running at this stage, however there are a few polizia bikes doing the run up and down.

Cameras are not due to be turned on for another month or two. And as you probably know they are point to point/time over distance.

Certainly not suggesting you change your current attitude though.

I can see one of the overpasses from the back of my house, you must have went thru at a good time, because just after 12 yesterday it was at a very very slow crawl.

I can see one of the overpasses from the back of my house, you must have went thru at a good time, because just after 12 yesterday it was at a very very slow crawl.

Drove down the link myself yesterday, and can't believe how packed it was for such a new piece of road.

Arthur, it's nice to know that you and your family are enjoying the new car.

Isn't it ironic that we like to take photos of the times and places where we are having fun. I guess it all depends on who is taking the pics.

I'm not a fan of these pt. to pt. cameras. They make the run along the Hume an even more tiresome drive. Over a shorter stretch like the Pen. Link it's even more important to watch your avg. speed.

Went for a nice leisurely drive to Mill Park today. First time the car has seen daylight since the Canberra run. Great to get behind the wheel again. Had a great day catching up with the T1, T2, Niko and JB and reminiscing. We missed you Harvs!!

So we ended the day with a very nice snarly sounding Yella Terra :)

Well done guys

C

Went for a nice leisurely drive to Mill Park today. First time the car has seen daylight since the Canberra run. Great to get behind the wheel again. Had a great day catching up with the T1, T2, Niko and JB and reminiscing. We missed you Harvs!!

So we ended the day with a very nice snarly sounding Yella Terra :)

Well done guys

C

I thought of you guys sweating it out under old yella while I was enjoying a beautiful lunch at Red Hill. No sausage rolls on the menu :(

I can't wait to hear the dueling Fisters at Baw Baw

I thought of you guys sweating it out under old yella while I was enjoying a beautiful lunch at Red Hill. No sausage rolls on the menu :(

I can't wait to hear the dueling Fisters at Baw Baw

I must get that garage air conditioned Harvs. Bloody hot, but Niko had brought a supply of cool refreshments.

There are no dueling Fisters...............................there can be only one!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to organise a family holiday to the Mornington Peninsula for 5 days after Easter.   With so many kids, my wife (yes, it was her idea) suggested I take a second car.   So I chose the 993 (not much help with bags), and managed to get her to agree !

IMG_1982_zpse0f12e0d.jpg

So it was a bit cold but I managed to get an hour each day to explore the back roads of Red Hill.  

My wife actually drove the 993 for the first time ever, and came back telling me "....it's nothing special - much like your MX5 you used to own...".  Not quite sure how I should take that comment, but at least she came back in one piece.   And that comment is from a driver of that R320 above !