Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

50 minutes ago, Niko said:

All that fine machinery, and you have the audacity to comment on an old 1600/P510...:angry:.

ha ha good on you Dalai your a man after my own heart.   Love those things...:cool07:

Wow 300 BHP at the wheels...Cheesus H Cripes.....:o

Have to say I also normally have a great dislike for all things Alfa Romeo.:Drool:   

But that red thing is something else again....Great looking car.....makes me have a re think:ph34r:.

Rat racing......,  Go the Rat

Heard a 4C in Munich last year, coming up from an underground car park, got to admit it sounded far sweeter than any Fezzer I've heard

1 hour ago, Niko said:

All that fine machinery, and you have the audacity to comment on an old 1600/P510...:angry:.

ha ha good on you Dalai your a man after my own heart.   Love those things...:cool07:

I know I'll be committed for the next sentence, but if I had a choice of car keys for any of these cars I'd take the Datsun!  :ph34r:

As my first car was a burnt Orange 1970 Datsun 1600 which I modified building a warm L18 and Webers. Actually tried contacting the person I sold it too all those years ago in the hope of buying it back and restoring. Unfortunately can't confirm if it even still exists as they haven't replied...

40 minutes ago, Dalai said:

I know I'll be committed for the next sentence, but if I had a choice of car keys for any of these cars I'd take the Datsun!  :ph34r:

As my first car was a burnt Orange 1970 Datsun 1600 which I modified building a warm L18 and Webers. Actually tried contacting the person I sold it too all those years ago in the hope of buying it back and restoring. Unfortunately can't confirm if it even still exists as they haven't replied...

img300img293

You wont be committed by me....my baby at Wanneroo early 70'S L16, 45mm Dellorto's, Racer Brown cam, Flat top 240Z pistons.

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

As my first car was a burnt Orange 1970 Datsun 1600 which I modified building a warm L18 and Webers. 

Ha! Mine too, L18 with 40mm dellorto carbys!! Mine was white with a 5sp box and stripped. Not gf friendly. 

Ah, the olde Datto 1600...?

1 hour ago, Niko said:

img300img293

You wont be committed by me....my baby at Wanneroo early 70'S L16, 45mm Dellorto's, Racer Brown cam, Flat top 240Z pistons.

Niko, you would love this one... built from the ground up, every nut n bolt, straight as a dye... with a Nissan twin turbo install... 

save-new-6.jpg?w=1536

dscf2243_polarr.jpg?w=1536

wow, it has a little bit of nasty about it, with the stance and the wheels, but generally a wolf in sheeps clothing....

A good front spoiler was never around and even that one I'm not too keen on, but I'm knit picking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, Tintin Audio said:

Headed out over the Reefton Spur last weekend with a few friends. Some of them had never driven the Spur before, the smiles on their faces at the top of the hill said it all.

Alfa 4C turned a few heads, especially as we parked up in Marysville.

save-new-9.jpg?w=1536

img_0858.jpg?w=1536

I love those C4s.... i would almost swap my porsche for one.

Me too, my first car was a 1970 Datsun 1600.  Kept it for 10 years until I was provided with a company car then sold it.  I wish I still had it.  Mine was beige.  I had Dat Spares put a 180B motor in it later in its life.  I loved that car.  KSL178 where are you now?  I have already looked on car sales to see what is for sale.  Would be a good project.

1 hour ago, Philbee said:

@Dalai, @Lucky Phil...we could start a "First car Datsun1600" club!! Haha!! ?

Yep and we would need @Niko as well.  I looked up Datsun 1600's for sale this morning nothing standard on offer.  There was one on Facebook Marketplace for $4000 but I think best avoided.  Have a look if you want to see what $4000 appears to buy.  There is only one.   For me I would want him to give me $4000 to take it off his hands.  Other than that there are a few track only cars and one on car sales in Qld with a 300HP motor in it for $29000 but hate the colour.  If I do a project I want a standard car.  I am now on a mission to find one.

@Tintin AudioHow does he get away with no number plate on the front of the Alfa 4C?  Gosh like others who have commented that 4C looks sweet.

32 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep and we would need @Niko as well.  I looked up Datsun 1600's for sale this morning nothing standard on offer.  There was one on Gumtree for $4000 but I think best avoided.  Have a look if you want to see what $4000 appears to buy.  There is only one.   For me I would want him to give me $4000 to take it off his hands.  Other than that there are a few track only cars and one on car sales in Qld with a 300HP motor in it for $29000 but hate the colour.  If I do a project I want a standard car.  I am now on a mission to find one.

@Tintin AudioHow does he get away with no number plate on the front of the Alfa 4C?  Gosh like others who have commented that 4C looks sweet.

Yep I'm definitely in that club

49 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Yep and we would need @Niko@Tintin Audio as well.  I looked up Datsun 1600's for sale this morning nothing standard on offer.  

I've been looking at the Japanese market for a 2 door coupe. One showed up relatively recently but I had just bought the JDM MR2 turbo...

Well yesterday.... Gold Coast Cn C about 10 Pcars there in total and then 3 hours spurting around Springbrook National park and out the back of Murwillumbah - gotta love the lack of traffic in these areas even on a Saturday, about 20% of the traffic around the Melbourne country ie Marysville/Dandenong ranges

ohdVbI1.jpg

LIrIkKv.jpgU5QGvYJ.jpgpmdB0Em.jpgDjYjWpv.jpg2Bo2hOm.jpgaZ1Yith.jpg

AND A FINAL ONE FOR TASSIE☺️

aqunnEM.jpg

Porsche Club Tas Northern members run this morning

997.1, 997.2S, 996GT3RS, 987.1 Boxster, 981 Boxster, 987.2 Cayman, 996.2 C2, 911SC, 911 2.7, 964 - almost as many cars as Brisbane CnC ?

Pretty good turnout for our monthly get together, ending up at Entally House (old Rutherglen complex) for Coffee.

Need to get this photo posting stuff sorted out, will try later

9 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Along with a heap of other Porsches did a run starting in Woodend today. Not sure where they went but a few went bush. I think I've been to Lancefield 8 times in my life. 4 of them were today. ?

"A few" might be an understatement. There were Porsches everywhere!! Coming out of all different roads, tracks, driveways. I swear we we're ploughing through some kind of dried up river bed at some stage. ?

On 5/18/2018 at 2:54 PM, Lucky Phil said:

Yep and we would need @Niko as well.  I looked up Datsun 1600's for sale this morning nothing standard on offer.  There was one on Facebook Marketplace for $4000 but I think best avoided.  Have a look if you want to see what $4000 appears to buy.  There is only one.   For me I would want him to give me $4000 to take it off his hands.  Other than that there are a few track only cars and one on car sales in Qld with a 300HP motor in it for $29000 but hate the colour.  If I do a project I want a standard car.  I am now on a mission to find one.

Only for that one drive, he picked up the car on Friday and winged it. Lucky no Traffic Cops on route... don't worry we gave him a hard time.