Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

On 6/27/2018 at 9:28 PM, nbauto said:

Thanks! I follow you on instagram, How are you liking the 5D4? I use its little brother the 6D2 and love it

yeah the 5D is awesome. I’ve got plenty to learn with it but lovin what it allows me to do so far!

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Did 130 miles in the 356 today on the 356 Register Winter run. Nice run through the hills ending up at Shantell Winery at Dixons Creek for lunch. Had a total of 15 cars on the run (4 more than the PFA run today ?) so a good roll up on a perfect Melbourne winters day. 

But 6 less pistons 

Had to share.. her first drive on Saturday. Out and around somerset dam north of brisbane.  :)  .  Beautiful day other then fact we picked up a ticket for crossing double lines  through a S bend up the mountain.  A bit sneaky of the local fellow given the location (no danger at all with the line of sight ) but better then another speeding ticket. 

2GkWUse.jpg

lGZsfzT.jpg

At least it was double lines..... They get us down here for crossing single broken lines on bends.    Now that is very unsporting.....

car looks sensational, and happy wife happy life:D

Car looks fantastic, stripe colour was the right choice. I recently did a drive day with PCB in that area and that was the warning from the lead driver team, watch the lines on corners police are monitoring the area. We were told that apparently they are concerned due to the narrow section of some spots the potential for a motorbike rider coming the other way having no where to go if you are cutting the corner.  

Sunday morning drive with a good mate in his 996.2 and our wives. Chum Creek, Myers Creek Rd, then cut though to Yarra Junction. Ended up on an off road section briefly which was a lot of fun with minimal pot holes, ended up on this neat little bridge before popping back out on to the black stuff and on to Warburton then a spirited climb up Mt Donna Buang where we were greeted with snow fall. 

42529651885_c4d6c31c44_b.jpg

29563544748_2efc3aa76e_b.jpg

43386191402_df0fd8f741_b.jpg

A day of contrasts. 

Picked up the 07 RS from the lockup on Monday as it needed a service so off to Autoart it goes.  Needed the clutch adjusted as well.  So I ease it out of the side street and wwwhhhooooaaa it makes like a Supra at Winton at the All Drift Nationals ... fark!  Get it home and look at the tyres. Pilot Sport Cup 2.  Tread depth OK. Then I check out the build date.  Mmm. 2012. Might be a tad old.  Take it for a run to see if temp helps grip. Sort of. A bit like said Supra having dropped a cylinder. Still not playing nice. So add a new set of tyres to the list.  Not planned ... am going for P Zero’s.  

Had the 356 ratrod at Autoart to investigate a gastric complaint that saw it farting like you’d been on curry and beer for a week.  2 blocked jets, almost raw fuel getting to number 3 and drowning it, both Weber’s as unbalanced as Trump on a good day ... Garner works his magic, sacrifices a Tibetan chook whilst chanting 911 part numbers and hey presto, it runs like a dream. 

So drop off the RS, jump into the 356.

Am amazed at how close in pedal feel the drums are to the carbon ceramics.  Then I moved off and things changed.  

To slow the old girl up for the left into Toorak Rd I had to brake in Abbotsford ... 

I picked my son up from school in it and the first thing he says is “Dad, this thing is the coolest”. The force is strong ...

On 7/16/2018 at 7:18 AM, Tips said:

Car looks fantastic, stripe colour was the right choice. I recently did a drive day with PCB in that area and that was the warning from the lead driver team, watch the lines on corners police are monitoring the area. We were told that apparently they are concerned due to the narrow section of some spots the potential for a motorbike rider coming the other way having no where to go if you are cutting the corner.  

Concern if it is the other way as well  !!!

48 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

A day of contrasts. 

Picked up the 07 RS from the lockup on Monday as it needed a service so off to Autoart it goes.  Needed the clutch adjusted as well.  So I ease it out of the side street and wwwhhhooooaaa it makes like a Supra at Winton at the All Drift Nationals ... fark!  Get it home and look at the tyres. Pilot Sport Cup 2.  Tread depth OK. Then I check out the build date.  Mmm. 2012. Might be a tad old.  Take it for a run to see if temp helps grip. Sort of. A bit like said Supra having dropped a cylinder. Still not playing nice. So add a new set of tyres to the list.  Not planned ... am going for P Zero’s.  

Had the 356 ratrod at Autoart to investigate a gastric complaint that saw it farting like you’d been on curry and beer for a week.  2 blocked jets, almost raw fuel getting to number 3 and drowning it, both Weber’s as unbalanced as Trump on a good day ... Garner works his magic, sacrifices a Tibetan chook whilst chanting 911 part numbers and hey presto, it runs like a dream. 

Am amazed at how close in pedal feel the drums are to the carbon ceramics.  Then I moved off and things changed.  

To slow the old girl up for the left into Toorak Rd I had to brake in Abbotsford ... 

I picked my son up from school in it and the first thing he says is “Dad, this thing is the coolest”. The force is strong ...

Love your way with words Skid. You must a lawyer or something.

Re the 356 brake issue. Like the girl said - just push harder.

54 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

A day of contrasts. 

Hahaha!! Thats funny, tell me was the clutch letting out high?? Mine is a letting out a tad high in my 07 GT3, got it book in for its annual blood test etc in a month @ Porsche Center Melbourne.

I also needed to shop for tyres at the start of the year, it had Pzeros on her all the way around, fronts were hardly worn but the rear were nearly on the belts ( could be something to do with the way it gets cained out of the corners ) i decided to replace with Pzero aswell but opted for the Corsa Assymetrico option, Faaarck me they have some grip, had her in tassie a week before targa this year and it was wet, the mechanical grip from them was absolutely amazing, great choice of tyre!!

Thats mine at the front of the pack

IMG_7034.JPG

9 minutes ago, Peter 996 said:

Hahaha!! Thats funny, tell me was the clutch letting out high?? Mine is a letting out a tad high in my 07 GT3, got it book in for its annual blood test etc in a month @ Porsche Center Melbourne.

I also needed to shop for tyres at the start of the year, it had Pzeros on her all the way around, fronts were hardly worn but the rear were nearly on the belts ( could be something to do with the way it gets cained out of the corners ) i decided to replace with Pzero aswell but opted for the Corsa Assymetrico option, Faaarck me they have some grip, had her in tassie a week before targa this year and it was wet, the mechanical grip from them was absolutely amazing, great choice of tyre!!

Thats mine at the front of the pack

IMG_7034.JPG

Yes.  Pedal take up getting higher.   Gearchange also a bit hard.  Garner thinks there might be some adjustment there.  The car has 36k on the clock and not been on track much so who knows.  

Thanks for the tip on the Assimetrico’s.  I have them on another car but didn’t think of them for this one.  

31 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Love your way with words Skid. You must a lawyer or something.

Re the 356 brake issue. Like the girl said - just push harder.

Hahaha I still have a vision of a certain 356  a couple of years back, coming around a left hander and heading towards a set of reds........:Innocent:.

ha ha. it was a pissa....

On 7/16/2018 at 7:18 AM, Tips said:

Agree. Makes sense as its a common problem, being a rider sometimes as well.  Although where he got me had no reason to be double lines as it was a short small S in a straight road of which you could see both sides of the road. He then popped out from behind the tree as I imagine many motorists would cut this point.  In any case, I was in wrong so is what it is. 

On 7/15/2018 at 11:02 PM, Niko said:

At least it was double lines..... They get us down here for crossing single broken lines on bends.    Now that is very unsporting.....

car looks sensational, and happy wife happy life:D

Thanks :).. the original wife wasn't happy with the Porsche so found a GF that was..?    

ps. No it wasn't as crass as that but funny how it worked out...

• 3 weeks later...

Work trip from Launceston to Hobart, Grove and back to Lonnie - 507km round trip on less than a tank of 98.  Enjoyable trip in the 996 as usual, shit traffic trying to get out of Hobart at 3.30 though, who would have thought!!  Caught up with 981 owning mate for a coffee this afternoon, and with @xitsurf / 996 Damien-Hobart to let him have a crawl over the car after my first appointment, and dropped into PCHobart to see if they had any 981s coming up as trades...