Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

19 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Always is a good day. We only had the roof up whilst parked at Lorne for lunch. My wife had the heater at 25C though ??

I love the roof down next best thing to riding a bike, and no restrictive bubble helmet! Especially like it in the early morn cold with the heater and exhaust blaring at me - and no one can see my comb over flapping in the wind:lol:

2 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Been a massive few weeks at work. Managed to sneak away a bit early for a blast from Tecoma to Launching Place then Woori Yallock to Cocaktoo and belgrave. Very few cars around and perfect conditions. No camera so I snapped a few with the iPhone.

Porsche 964

Porsche 964

Cash in your day job Andy and pick up the Kodak full time. You shoot your car in the best way mate, brings out the best in it….. even though it's green :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Cash in your day job Andy and pick up the Kodak full time. You shoot your car in the best way mate, brings out the best in it….. even though it's green :ph34r:

Always with the green comments ??‍♂️. If I’d collected 100 mill in powerball last night, I’d have had a PTS forest green metallic GT3 on order already. Thanks for the positive comments though fella.

24 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Always with the green comments ??‍♂️. If I’d collected 100 mill in powerball last night, I’d have had a PTS forest green metallic GT3 on order already. Thanks for the positive comments though fella.

Again with the green huh, the colour straw poll doesn't lie! HHahahaa I always loved that type of green and brought a Tarago the same colour in another lifetime....went to trade it and the salesman offered me half off retail..."It's shit boat anchor dark green, they never move" . Well my green 67 Mustang had a lot off love and moved pretty quick when I sold it. Yours is a beauty mate, I'd love it in my garage

1 hour Sunday morning run with Northern PCT group, including a couple of new members. Good number of cars :

987 Cayman, 987 Cayman S, 981 Cayman, 987 Boxster S, 997 GT3, 997 Turbo, 996.2 C2, 996.2 C4, 928, 911E, 911RSR 

Coffee and snacks at Longford to finish off.

We seem to consistently get good numbers for these fairly casual runs, generally seem to get a better reaction than highly organised affairs.....

(Sorry, too slack to take photo)

Took the 997 TT out for some passes as WSID with some mates - a 10 was ellusive as the best pass of the day was an 11.07@128 mph

There was a guy out there running his Huracan Performante who pulled a 10.8@132 pass that I saw, it looked and sounded fantastic doing it!

8 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Took the 997 TT out for some passes as WSID with some mates - a 10 was ellusive as the best pass of the day was an 11.07@128 mph

There was a guy out there running his Huracan Performante who pulled a 10.8@132 pass that I saw, it looked and sounded fantastic doing it!

That's a really good time in a "stock"? car that's not pro street and leaning toward, or set up for, drag racing - especially considering same car will do near on 300kph! Man or Auto? Did it hook up well, much wheel spin, pedalling?

32 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

That's a really good time in a "stock"? car that's not pro street and leaning toward, or set up for, drag racing - especially considering same car will do near on 300kph! Man or Auto? Did it hook up well, much wheel spin, pedalling?

Its a stock PDK, minimal wheel spin on this pass as the left lane was the best for grip, I only had two passes in the left lane, this and another that was done at 11.1.  The 60'ft times were in the 1.7-1.8 range which is pretty good for street rubber on 19 inch wheels, it gets out of the hole pretty well.  

It either needs better air, a diet, more power or a great hook up to cut a 10 I think!

There's also suspension but that aint changing to a soft set up on the Porker! Could improve the exhaust which is a nice benefit anyway .....Great hook up is the trick, slicks is the cheapest easiest way  (on front as well hahhahha) Best lane, night air and perfect timing = high tens :Beer: 

Yesterday morn, nice spurt around the Hinze dam on the way to Murwillumbah. Did the fantastic hillclimb up and down a few times Pine Creek Rd to Springbrook, had it all to myself:CoolDance: Stunning mountain scenery here n there, photo opp not to be missed … this one near Natural Bridge

dalfUqb.jpg

Another great day in Vic, couldn't not do something with it....

Soooooo, grabbed the luckiest woman in the world, got my BBC out ....:D

And we headed off to WALHALLA for lunch.    Had a great drive down the main roads.

Then the twisty bits going into Walhalla gave us a bit of a side show.

Very slow mover in front in "Hyundai Getz Jazz,or whatever".   Had a sensational driving style.

He would keep the broken centre lines in the centre of his car in the straights and then tuck back in most of the time on the bends.

He wasn't doing it deliberately to hold me back (I don't think he even knew I was there)

I was telling Mrs NIKO all about how two of our boys got pinged for the same thing not long back on a 3 day SMT.

Then on one left hander he forgot to tuck himself back in....Twincab 4WD ute belting around (legally) from the opposite direction.:Speechless:

My missus let out a scream, I let out my normal when I am in danger comment..... "F@$% ME DRUNK":Sweating:

The 4 wheeler was switched on,  and went slightly bush, to avoid the dick head, but it would have been a fly's foreskin in it...   Couldn't believe it.

Anyway back to where we went.... sorry about that..

IMG_4387IMG_4391IMG_4396

Surprisingly Walhalla was very very quiet.   Lots of campers and 4wd going through but generally there were bugger all people there

Then we went to the Wally Pub for lunch.   Luckily we were one of the first there right on 12, because it certainly filled up pretty quickly after that.

IMG_4402

DUCATI boys arrived en mass.    

IMG_4398

IMG_4399

MINT 33 also arrived.   Old fart about my age with his Missus.  I'm not into rods, but how good is this.

I had the privilege of following MINT 33 back out to Moe, and it had some get up and go and just sat on the road beautifully and sounded great.

IMG_1410

This bloke is a resident at the pub apparently, if your sitting on the veranda and leave your food, he is pretty quick to help himself.

All in all knocked up about 400 clicks, the BBC performed faultlessly as normal.

Highly recommend the Hotel for anyone wanting to go for a drive to Walhalla.  

It is not open Tuesdays, but the meals were sensational...Open fire going inside if you were feeling the chill in the air.