Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

4 minutes ago, PhilH said:

All part of the service Lee...You need to know what the dark side holds before jumping over 🙂

Hounding the 3 big bike riders nearly sealed the deal for me mate 😁

Was great to drive yours and mine back to back to get more of an idea, yet ofcourse I'm still undecided  😂🙄 Dunno about a tip now though, as I really enjoyed the manual. Might have to wait until I have a few more points on my license, as I have NO doubt I'll lose a few 😁 Thanks again mate, much appreciated 

Anyone in Adelaide got a GT3 I can try on for size? Thinking of buying one 😁 

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Hounding the 3 big bike riders nearly sealed the deal for me mate 😁

Was great to drive yours and mine back to back to get more of an idea, yet ofcourse I'm still undecided  😂🙄 Dunno about a tip now though, as I really enjoyed the manual. Might have to wait until I have a few more points on my license, as I have NO doubt I'll lose a few 😁 Thanks again mate, much appreciated 

Solve the problem by getting a Tip 996 for a daily and a 2.5 manual Boxter to thrash through the hills and chop up to your hearts content

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

@LeeM ...mate, if you can find me someone who’ll let me drive their 991 GT3 RS, you can drive my GT3!!

Hope you boys had a great run through the hills this morning.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Cool. And very busy. Need a quicker rack Hugh so you don't shuffle so much.

The clip doesn’t quite convey the severe amount of oversteer, the trees & side of the hill were coming at me pretty quick! 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

The clip doesn’t quite convey the severe amount of oversteer, the trees & side of the hill were coming at me pretty quick! 

I know that feeling well with guard rails 🙄

Just went full screen on phone with the clip. Fookin ell mate!!! 😳

8 hours ago, hugh said:

We watch too many Chris Harris videos maybe.... but I certainly noticed the narrowness of the bitumen bit and the undergrowth nearby... I definitely sensed a level of heightened anxiety!!!  😱

Fantastic drive through the Chilterns yesterday in the Touring in unusually good weather for the UK.....sunny, blue sky. Stopped off late in the day at the Ibstone Common opposite the cricket club. Very English!

116798639_IMG_6675(1).thumb.jpg.9bfb7f7b788b45b7d9bea21ee7754a62.jpg

After getting a few items attended to on the 3.2 (new tyres/starter motor/battery/+ other bits & jobs done) over the last week or two, decided it needed a drive. So today (yes in all that rain) went up to Eddington for the historic sprints. Great catching up with people haven't seen for a while and checking out some nice classics fanging down the 1/4 mile. Did 470ks in total and the car is singing sweetly. 🙂

Stopped in Castlemaine for a coffee on the way home and spied this.

NHjhaCj.jpg

Can you be a hipster with a bike on the roof rack of a 996?

I ashamed.  

Fired up the 991.1 RS yesterday.  

Glorious.  

Then checked the time.  Hah! Thought it was later than that,  no need to hurry.

Then checked my watch.  Ummm. It’s been so long since I drove it that I didn’t adjust for daylight savings.  Making up for that this week though.  Driving it it all week to work and other places. 

Crickey its a good thing.