Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Did 250ks in the 3.2 today. Went for lunch at a fav cafe in Warburton but they didn't have the worlds best vanilla slice ready. So we had to go to Healsville for a coffee & cake.

At one point had a turkey in a Tesla who couldn't wait an extra 5 seconds to get to the 100 sign blast past at warp speed over a continuous white line. What was more interesting was he then just on the brake pedal for quite a way as he continued up the road. Guess he was harvesting some energy to re power the car so he could make it to Healsville. Or maybe he was just a dick.

1 hour ago, Airhead said:

Did 250ks in the 3.2 today. Went for lunch at a fav cafe in Warburton but they didn't have the worlds best vanilla slice ready. So we had to go to Healsville for a coffee & cake.

At one point had a turkey in a Tesla who couldn't wait an extra 5 seconds to get to the 100 sign blast past at warp speed over a continuous white line. What was more interesting was he then just on the brake pedal for quite a way as he continued up the road. Guess he was harvesting some energy to re power the car so he could make it to Healsville. Or maybe he was just a dick.

Dick 

Quick sprint around the mornington peninsula in the gt3. Beautiful day for it! 

On 19/09/2019 at 18:47, Airhead said:

Probably faulty electrics!!!

Took the 930 for its first run since the full motor and gearbox rebuild.  

Melbourne to the Peninsula.  

Mainly freeway but once off it, I got on it!  

My oh my, Michael Garner at Autoart fed the horses.  Whilst he had it out we made it pretty with anodizing, paint, polishing etc.  Not that you can see much of it under all the inlet plumbing and intercooler but I know its there ...

We added a set of Fabspeed headers to the mix and boy does it spool up fast (for a single spinner from the 80’s).  Got a Dansk Turbo exhaust too.  Its one of those systems that has you lying on the ground looking under the car.  I’m sure you understand ...

Such a nice thing to drive.  Little wonder that back when they were new it realigned peoples perception and understanding of a performance sports car.

Hope you all get a chance to take yours for a blat over the weekend.  There’s no excuse.

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

I saw the car getting trailered Power st last week @Skidmarks looks ace! Great colour 

That was me.  

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Wow just beautiful ............love it in yellow :) is it Signal Yellow

Nope.  Factory supplied Paint to Sample (yes they did it in 81) Kodak Yellow.  Only one like it  in Australia if not the world.  

41 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

That was me.  

Nope.  Factory supplied Paint to Sample (yes they did it in 81) Kodak Yellow.  Only one like it  in Australia if not the world.  

Yes I know off the car congratulations on getting hold of her Beautiful example ...RSR maintained it for a number years I believe :Beer:

kodak_yellow_930.jpg

55 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

That was me.  

Funny, I’ve been meaning to mention, did you see the van parked on that Rd with Sven’s Plumbing on it? 😀

13 minutes ago, James P said:

Went for a short drive in my newly acquired 997 GT3, awesome performance to say the least..

Very happy with this immaculate GT3 & so glad i waited to find the right car..

IMG-4784.jpg

Great looking car and love that shot of the car, congrats on the purchase and enjoy

39 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Only the second Kodak yellow Porsche that I know of.  The other being John Latham’s Kodak RSR.  Still have the poster.

I remember John Latham driving a big engined Bolwell Nagari in the Aust Sports Car Championship 78-80.

15 hours ago, James P said:

Went for a short drive in my newly acquired 997 GT3, awesome performance to say the least..

Very happy with this immaculate GT3 & so glad i waited to find the right car..

IMG-4784.jpg

You are a hard man to keep up with James ... it's like you have a different car every other week .. :cool07: