Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

On 14/10/2019 at 21:32, wilson59 said:

Looks really nice . What are your thoughts of the new car ? 

Early days but it’s a great drive. Fast. Comfy. Looks great.

Took it for a run to Lorne and returned via Deans Marsh and it grips and rips.

Can’t wait to have a crack in anger!

Not today, but I took the car out last Sunday. Drove around Lancefield, Sidonia, Pyalong, Romsey, etc. in stead of my default route around Cockatoo, Emerald, Healesville, & Launching place.

The weather wasn't great, but it was dry and the roads were empty :) what else does one need?

pic01.jpg

pic04.jpg

Took the GT3 for a trundle down to C&C Unley last Sunday......the nicer weather usually brings out a bigger crowd, and I always enjoy seeing some cars I haven’t seen before.

Even spotted @LeeM’s car there, although didn’t bump into him!!

I love my Pcars, but I really enjoy just being amongst motoring enthusiasts, regardless of whether you’re driving a Lambo, Fezza or a Morris minor........talking cars, talking sh#t.......this is my tribe!!

1BE4A5FA-B413-48AE-A418-1A872000672F.jpeg

3 hours ago, Rick V said:

love my Pcars, but I really enjoy just being amongst motoring enthusiasts, regardless of whether you’re driving a Lambo, Fezza or a Morris minor........talking cars, talking sh#t.......this is my tribe!!

Well said, mate !!  😊

21 hours ago, patrick911 said:

Not today, but I took the car out last Sunday. Drove around Lancefield, Sidonia, Pyalong, Romsey, etc. in stead of my default route around Cockatoo, Emerald, Healesville, & Launching place.

The weather wasn't great, but it was dry and the roads were empty :) what else does one need?

pic01.jpg

pic04.jpg

This I've seen you once or twice up around emerald. Lovely car!

On 22/10/2019 at 15:02, Rick V said:

Took the GT3 for a trundle down to C&C Unley last Sunday......the nicer weather usually brings out a bigger crowd, and I always enjoy seeing some cars I haven’t seen before.

Even spotted @LeeM’s car there, although didn’t bump into him!!

I love my Pcars, but I really enjoy just being amongst motoring enthusiasts, regardless of whether you’re driving a Lambo, Fezza or a Morris minor........talking cars, talking sh#t.......this is my tribe!!

1BE4A5FA-B413-48AE-A418-1A872000672F.jpeg

One of the lads a work was impressed by you car and took a few pics 

F0C35C0B-8765-4EF5-B35B-34D3970E7DA6.jpeg

1F563FF5-8A47-4B5A-8B51-EAE4F3E1B1E1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Frustration! The background to this trip is that I decided to fly out to OZ for the Melb Cup weekend to visit family, etc. During the course of the weekend, I covered around 400kms driving down to Portsea, across to Pt. Lonsdale, Geelong and so on. The highest speed during the whole time was 100kph with much of it 80kph and below. In this context, the RS was a total waste with a bleak future ahead.  I can see myself supplementing this with something that gives me a buzz at a much lower speed. I will be glad to get back to my EU based RS this coming weekend and take my frustration out on the Autobahn.

52 minutes ago, WGA said:

Frustration! The background to this trip is that I decided to fly out to OZ for the Melb Cup weekend to visit family, etc. During the course of the weekend, I covered around 400kms driving down to Portsea, across to Pt. Lonsdale, Geelong and so on. The highest speed during the whole time was 100kph with much of it 80kph and below. In this context, the RS was a total waste with a bleak future ahead.  I can see myself supplementing this with something that gives me a buzz at a much lower speed. I will be glad to get back to my EU based RS this coming weekend and take my frustration out on the Autobahn.

Welcome to Australia where we have a law for everything, aimed to protect the most stupid (5%) and formulated assuming the majority represent the lowest common denominator. Oh, and if you're in Victoria it's worse, still surprised it's legal to drive a car there. The Nazi state has a zero tolerance of speed and yet their road toll went up substantially last year, that's working well then! When the Govt does cost benefit analysis for our roads it's obviously more cost effective to save tax payers dollars by continually lowering the speed limit than actually spending money on improving road infrastructure or driver education. Rant over, take me back to the Autostrada!!!

But wait there’s more...in NSW 

1. removal of radar warning signs

2. mobile phone detection cameras (agree with this one)

3. point to point cameras for all vehicles

Go via the back roads you say?

But they dropped the speed limits to 80 kph, so where are are the cops going to be ?  They don’t have to be on the main roads anymore!

Why don’t they take the speed limit signs away and let us guess, sure to raise more revenue that way.  Oh, sorry, it’s for safety 😡

maybe I should have put this in vent 🤬

9 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

But they dropped the speed limits to 80 kph, so where are are the cops going to be ?  They don’t have to be on the main roads anymore!

Why don’t they take the speed limit signs away and let us guess, sure to raise more revenue that way.  Oh, sorry, it’s for safety 😡

maybe I should have put this in vent 🤬

Come to Tassie guys 🙂  On our GT3 anniversary run at the weekend we didn't see one cop car or camera during our 2 hour drive 🙂  

13 hours ago, WGA said:

I did 5,000km in Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy in September and didn’t see a single cop on the road outside the cities. Italy had some point to point cameras but according to my mailbox, they don’t seem to work. I’m going back ASAP! Meanwhile, thank God for Tassie. (On the ferry tomorrow night.) :)

3A796E91-CA3E-4E69-9309-69C5BCCAE669.jpeg

D90A3D17-4C2F-441D-B2A4-4D74C17B0EBF.jpeg

11 hours ago, OZ930 said:

But they dropped the speed limits to 80 kph, so where are are the cops going to be ?  They don’t have to be on the main roads anymore! 😡

Same has happened here in SA mate. Saying that, our better hills roads are twisty and still posted at 80kph, so it's still a load of fun, and I can only recall one cop car half hidden trying to get speeders recently on Marble Hill road 10 mins from the CBD (driving nirvana in my opinion), but we always keep to the speed limit on the faster bits coz we've all been busted. If higher speeds are your thing, then its a lottery if you'll see a cop or not, as there are a couple of permanent hidden cameras to do their job for them. My last fine was a point to point camera on the freeway that got me at 115 in a 110 zone in my van...$450 and 3 demerits which had me teetering on 3 points left, so I was being extra cautious in the Porsche until I just got 6 points back not too long ago.

I can't imagine owning an RS and not being able to open it up, so I s'pose it's a good thing I can't afford one  😁

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

PCNSW over in Tassie this weekend, not sure when they are arriving (are you with them @mhh?).  Dinner on Saturday night with them and then a few are joining us at Baskerville on Sunday for our Hillclimb.

Cool. I’ll look out for them.

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

PCNSW over in Tassie this weekend, not sure when they are arriving (are you with them @mhh?).  Dinner on Saturday night with them and then a few are joining us at Baskerville on Sunday for our Hillclimb.

Sounds like the perfect combination of drive, track and social, wish I was there !