Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

• 2 weeks later...

Took the SC on an early run out to northern beaches with the 22yo car nut daughter and the pup who loves been out in the 911. Spotted a Talbot Yellow SC😍 on the way at Roseville. Found out that 7:20am is way too late for akuna bay west head run, we just got stuck in a long que of cyclist traffic so turned off and did cottage point Bayview to Newport. Landed at Bilgola beach for bacon and egg rolls coffee and sand between the toes. Did the serpentine and bilgola plateau roads then back up through wakehurst parkway. Spotted the same Talbot Yellow SC on the side of the road, checked in, fuel pump and flatbed on the way so we headed off home. Nice 4 hours of aircooled soundtrack, twisty roads, coffee and father daughter time, doesn’t get any better than that in my book.

Received a very kind invitation to join Mike (Spyder Automobiles) and a few of his friends for a drive today.

8.00 am start at Officer and then off to Mt Baw Baw.

Perfect day weather wise, not a lot of traffic and roads half reasonable as far as pot holes etc go.

Three Porkers and two Beemers.

Very enjoyable morning Thanks Mike and the rest of the boys.IMG_5243.jpg.a1323f21c6859a510dfab931dfcaf9b2.jpgIMG_5010.jpeg.78266c401c2b68655c8d7682c09900cd.jpegIMG_5253.thumb.jpeg.50b140fc9590355633154da243cc6c15.jpegIMG_5255.jpeg.d11929d14d98867639a0daa68fa6ac50.jpegIMG_5246.jpeg.86f69dd54953b5911fe00bb10275884c.jpegIMG_5250.jpeg.6853458980421f3fa0d60b40ef41ce1b.jpeg

Attended the Porsche Master Training at Portimao race track in Portugal this week. Portimao is possibly the best, most challenging track in world. 

My Euro based RS is no garage queen so decided to go on a road trip and drive the 3,000+ kms round trip.

It was without doubt the best organised Porsche event I have ever attended. Unfortunately the first day was wet, wet, wet but the rest were dry. There were 28 drivers attending plus 12-15 instructors so over 40 cars. All GT3 RSs. Most attendees rented an RS from Porsche (3,000 euro per day!). Only 3 of us took our own cars. Indeed the Porsche staff offered to wash my car as I was one of the few drivers brave enough to bring their own car!

Day 1 started with a surprise from Porsche. Lined up in pit lane were 40+ Taycan Turbos. Porsche said, “pick one and take it out on the track”. We did 10 laps in total. Impressive car. Very faaaast. You feel the weight under braking but overall it’s pretty agile.

They also had a full 991 GT3 Cup car and a 935 simulator there for us to play on during rest periods. Bloody awesome. The two days prior to our event, they had Master Cup training with a bunch of GT4 Clubsports and GT3 Cup cars.

In total, Porsche had over 100 cars at the event.

IMG_9211.jpg

IMG_9280.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9236.JPG

IMG_9243.JPG

60342051-5702-4087-BFBB-662BB2720120.JPG

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9231.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

IMG_9283.jpg

Drove the 73E all week back and forth to work.  All in peak time traffic.  Sunny mornings, roof open (factory roof my friends ...) driving along the river.  Not a bad start to the day ...

Jumped forward 37 years and out in the 2010 GT3RS.  Have to wash it this arvo as the last time I had it out it was pissing down.  Covered in mud and other assorted corruption so it will be very therapeutic making it shiny again.

Took my son to a thing on the other side of the city.  On the way back we were driving down the on ramp and he says “you know what to do Dad”. So naturally made the shift light flash in 1st. Try for that in second and it’s bye bye licence.

The Sharkwerks cross pipe also works a treat in the tunnel.  Hold it in second, ease back on the load pedal and then give it the beans. Back off.  Crackle.  Full juvenile spec I know but hey, it’s been a big week.

Hope you enjoy yours this weekend.  

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t driven yet but soon will ...

This car will be known to some here. 

Tangerine 67 912 with a warm 2.7 on Webers.  Has a limo and nicely set fast road suspension. May need to drop the ride height a little (just because)   

It’s a hot rod and the idea is to warm it up a little  more.  My 2 boys and I have a list of tasty things we’re planning. 

Some of you will have seen the matt black 356 at Hanger Banger that I built but is now in the hands of its new owner ... that’ll be the “tone”. 

The body is in great shape so it’s all about the details.  It already has a Momo Prototipo and 10k tacho. The interior is in great nick with RS door panels and handles.  

It may get a splash of leather on the dash and door tops ...

So, I’ve got a set of early style seats - with seat heating ...

Next - AC from that mob in the UK.  Sourced courtesy of Skunkwerks   

Needs heating so will get a set of SSI’s. 

Wheels will be 7” Fuchs all round but running the smaller width tyre at the front.  Finally I can raid my ever growing wheel “bank”.  Not sure how that will work but if not I’ll space out the 6” fronts a little.

It’s got a 901.  Not sure about that but I’ll see if I like the taste.   If not, I’ve got the spare short ratio 915 with straight cut gears and a trick Modena diff to offer up. Nothing like the whine of straight cut gears guys.  As subtle as Brut 33 but does the job!

Perspex rear window - only because I have one which was off my group S race car. 

I’ve got a full set of S calipers so they’ll be going on as will a set of 3.2 rotors at the back.  I’ll check the brake lines and if need be braided hoses here we come. 

I’m sure there’ll be lots more that comes to mind but that’s the rough plan.  

97CFACDA-1D41-4932-83B3-65498C80A1DB.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...