Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

On 02/08/2020 at 23:00, Arne Krix said:

same  ,I have the option to drive to my office , which involves freeway and some 'spirited ' stretches' , to clean the spark plugs. Hope all stay safe.

Indeed, Have to make the most out of what little is available at present!

18 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Comboyne and back.  No where to safely pull up and take a 'road shot' but it was great to have a mid-week day off and time to have a drive!  Figured I should get one in just in case NSW follows Victoria somehow...

71076308-F0FB-4929-9284-2AA0A19916E7_1_201_a.jpeg

Looking great, John - trust you're enjoying it!

27 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Comboyne and back.  No where to safely pull up and take a 'road shot' but it was great to have a mid-week day off and time to have a drive!  Figured I should get one in just in case NSW follows Victoria somehow...

71076308-F0FB-4929-9284-2AA0A19916E7_1_201_a.jpeg

Are those D90’s colour matched?

3 minutes ago, Ntg said:

QR McElrea test day with the new toy = Big 😁

A514D6BC-0355-45CD-B9D2-4691760A1579.jpeg

Nice one Nick!

44 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Are those D90’s colour matched?

Ha ha, no - they have been refinished just about perfectly in the original silver.  In the right light the 'metallic slate grey' brightens up and does match the "brake-dust and silver" of the wheels.

56 minutes ago, Rob said:

Looking great, John - trust you're enjoying it!

I am Rob.  Very different experience to an old 911 - almost civilised ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee & Cars Unley on a foggy but fine Adelaide morning....... huge turnout.... Covid hangover + no threat of rain combined to bring out the masses.

Hugely varied array of cars.  Snuck the GT3 in around 7.45 to an already full carpark.

Followed by a quick squirt home via some Adelaide hills twisties.  

Home in time to join wifey for a morning coffee on the back deck.... happy days!

933AE3F6-0D50-4398-BCBE-22E4916F3CBC.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Niko said:

HAPPY DAYS....HAPPY DAYS....?????????    I think I hate you.        This is what Metro Victoria HAPPY DAYS LOOK LIKE...

BWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH:(

Sorry Niko, I feel for you guys over there ....  When Comrade Dan smugly asks “why would anyone want to go to Adelaide?”...... A:  ‘cos you can take your PCar for a fang!

Porsche Club Tas EMR - North / North West, quick squirt up to the top of the Sideling, stop for photos.  Some continued on to Bridport for an excellent lunch at the Bunker Club, others returns straight to Launceston, again by the western side of the Sideling.  Good collection of cars, 964 C4, 996 GT3 + RS, Turbo, 991 GT3 RS, Cayman, Boxsters and Macan

20200816_091415_resized.jpg

20200816_102028_resized.jpg

1 hour ago, michel said:

got a hankering for fish n chips at palm beach 

This feels like you should be arrested for 'cruelty to Melburnians'... Both for having driving enjoyment and sunshine - together, and in a Porsche. 

Instead, I'm going to take it as inspiration as to the first drive that I plan after Covid imprisonment.

52 minutes ago, luzzo said:

This feels like you should be arrested for 'cruelty to Melburnians'... Both for having driving enjoyment and sunshine - together, and in a Porsche. 

Instead, I'm going to take it as inspiration as to the first drive that I plan after Covid imprisonment.

I’ll meet you at the federal - Hume hwy junction 

17 minutes ago, michel said:

I’ll meet you at the federal - Hume hwy junction 

Perfect. Or Instead, How about I take the Princess Hwy via Lakes Entrance/Cann River - Gives me some twisties to enjoy on the 9 hours to meet you  :Jumping: