Airhead

Where did you drive your Porsche today?

49 minutes ago, ArthurK said:

Drove out as far as Port Campbell today and returned to Wye River under the cover of night, what a blast!

Loving the 991.2 GTS @ArthurK

Is that colour crayon? 

37 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Loving the 991.2 GTS @ArthurK

Is that colour crayon? 

Actually it's chalk but they interchange it with crayon, I love it, such a chameleon colour. Based on time of day the car looks total different from white through to a caramel brown. 

IMG-20210228-WA0002.jpg

10 hours ago, ArthurK said:

Actually it's chalk but they interchange it with crayon, I love it, such a chameleon colour. Based on time of day the car looks total different from white through to a caramel brown. 

IMG-20210228-WA0002.jpg

One of my favourite colours. Looks great on 991.2

Been a loooooong time since we have been able to get out and go to our favourite fish and chip shop, in Port Albert.   

So today we did a round trip of 405 k's to get back there for the second best fish and chips in Victoria.

Beautiful last day of Summer Day.   27 /28 down there.   Eating alongside the water watching the families bringing in the fish from the pier.

Then a little drive to Mann's Beach for a quick photo shoot of the BBC.

Fantastic day, I know there were a couple of SMT's on today gents, but I needed just a family day, me, the luckiest woman in the world, and my BBC. 

ECFA7214-481B-4CFF-99A3-F1E24AA0E01F.thumb.JPG.3c1efa8a761adb07961b33300594cdc5.JPGF824C7A2-6BF2-4407-9F63-30FCBE60BED0.thumb.JPG.8ddef9b8a512f749e29e5812272b5fb6.JPGIMG_7240.thumb.JPG.7219c3a4c203843709c4badaa5811417.JPGIMG_7242.thumb.JPG.e49c7387167934099a4b39f56218c1be.JPGIMG_7246.thumb.JPG.90735b78ca25bb4513578dd933b71c9d.JPGIMG_7261.thumb.JPG.31768e98c9784de68a98c5f05479bf51.JPG

Looks great, Dunno bout them fish n chips but :) Yes same in Pt fairy heeps of people down the beach, Couple of weddings and receptions going on beautiful  day .

12 hours ago, Niko said:

Been a loooooong time since we have been able to get out and go to our favourite fish and chip shop, in Port Albert.   

So today we did a round trip of 405 k's to get back there for the second best fish and chips in Victoria.

Beautiful last day of Summer Day.   27 /28 down there.   Eating alongside the water watching the families bringing in the fish from the pier.

Then a little drive to Mann's Beach for a quick photo shoot of the BBC.

Fantastic day, I know there were a couple of SMT's on today gents, but I needed just a family day, me, the luckiest woman in the world, and my BBC. 

ECFA7214-481B-4CFF-99A3-F1E24AA0E01F.thumb.JPG.3c1efa8a761adb07961b33300594cdc5.JPGF824C7A2-6BF2-4407-9F63-30FCBE60BED0.thumb.JPG.8ddef9b8a512f749e29e5812272b5fb6.JPGIMG_7240.thumb.JPG.7219c3a4c203843709c4badaa5811417.JPGIMG_7242.thumb.JPG.e49c7387167934099a4b39f56218c1be.JPGIMG_7246.thumb.JPG.90735b78ca25bb4513578dd933b71c9d.JPGIMG_7261.thumb.JPG.31768e98c9784de68a98c5f05479bf51.JPG

Ok Niko out for a romantic drive with the Mrs...... Time to fess up fella what have you purchased 🤣

5 hours ago, Grimmy said:

Ok Niko out for a romantic drive with the Mrs...... Time to fess up fella what have you purchased 🤣

haha well actually, she hates the car,.... it's hard to get in and out, it's uncomfortable, harsh ride, noisy (road noise) blah blah blah so it was a big effort to get her to come for a drive.:D  

BUT THEN......After having physio on her neck for the last couple of months, and just starting to come good, I somehow managed to throw her neck out once again...:unsure:

So that's the end of the "Romantic Drives" for a long time.....:CoolDance:

8 minutes ago, Niko said:

haha well actually, she hates the car,.... it's hard to get in and out, it's uncomfortable, harsh ride, noisy (road noise) blah blah blah so it was a big effort to get her to come for a drive.:D  

BUT THEN......After having physio on her neck for the last couple of months, and just starting to come good, I somehow managed to throw her neck out once again...:unsure:

welcome back to SMT:Chuckle2:

23 minutes ago, Niko said:

Sounds like my Mrs and her opinion of my GT3, reckons the seats aren't made for women with good child bearing hips.....

Some times it's just easier to take her 981.....

Will be interesting to see how we survive 10 days in the GT3 going to Luftwasser and a week's drive around afterwards....

This is sugarloaf rock from the otherside.

King waves come in here as it's one of the closest areas where the continental shelf is to the coast (Cape naturaliste).

I know a guy that was standing on the mainland behind the rock, he told me a wave broke over the top of the rock and washed up onto the mainland ledge he was on and knocked him in.

He broke his leg and was stuck down on the low ledge in the water. His mate who he took there to show him the massive waves was too scared to get down and help him up fearing the next sets would take them both.

He managed to drag himself up the rock face enough for his friend to come back down and help him up the last bit b4 the next waves washed out that area again.

He has one leg shorter than the other now.

20210223_092851.jpg

After almost 18 months, I fired up the 73E today.  I approached the event with some trepidation

Fear not.  About 45 seconds of cranking to get the oil moving around.  And then - fire in the hole!

OK, there was more smoke than in a Cheech and Chong Tribute party but no fouled plugs, misfires or other unpleasantness.

These old things are bloody marvelous.

Off to the car wash to spray off the accumulated dust and it’s as good as the last time I drove it.

And here’s another thing.  Admittedly it’s been on the trickle charger for the whole time but the clock was still on exactly the right time. This from a 47 year old car

And it smelled good.  All oils, horse hair and unburnt hydrocarbons ... Got to love mechanical injection.  Nothing sounds better.

It’s getting a run down the coast this weekend.

Yep, a bit emotional about the old thing.  My kids grew up riding around in the back of it and together with my wife, they’re looking forward to having a run or 3 with me this weekend.

On 01/03/2021 at 10:25, Niko said:

she hates the car,.... it's hard to get in and out, it's uncomfortable, harsh ride, noisy...

Sounds very familiar mate

6 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Yep, a bit emotional about the old thing.  My kids grew up riding around in the back of it and together with my wife, they’re looking forward to having a run or 3 with me this weekend.

Hey Sven, love it,  It’s those sort of memories that makes a car so special. Have an awesome run on the weekend and beat you’ll be easy to spot... yep the guy driving the long hood with the family and a big grin 👍

Beauty  Day , Port fairy for lunch , Through to Warnambool for a poke around Bunnings and a coffie, Quick visit to D/ Murphys , Then home , Not much traffic a good few hrs drive :)

31 minutes ago, tomo said:

Beauty  Day , Port fairy for lunch , Through to Warnambool for a poke around Bunnings and a coffie, Quick visit to D/ Murphys , Then home , Not much traffic a good few hrs drive :)

Sounds like a great day out.  

Am I the only one on here dumb enough to still have to go to work to earn a living on a Friday?!?  (Yes I’m jealous!)

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

What........ no pics?  Show us that lovely beast!

Arh at the beach (lunch) To busy havin  a gork at the local natives, :) And the other couple of places I just plain forgot :(

2 hours ago, Rick V said:

Sounds like a great day out.  

Am I the only one on here dumb enough to still have to go to work to earn a living on a Friday?!?  (Yes I’m jealous!)

Nope, your not alone Rick. Reckon I crammed 40 hours work into 8 today! 🙄😴

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Nope, your not alone Rick. Reckon I crammed 40 hours work into 8 today! 🙄😴

My heart bleeds for both of you, Can you hear the Violin in the background .

:)

1 hour ago, tomo said:

My heart bleeds for both of you, Can you hear the Violin in the background .

:)

😅🖕

13 hours ago, Stepo said:

What........ no pics?  Show us that lovely beast!

DSC_1104.jpg

On 01/03/2021 at 10:55, Niko said:

The romance of joining me on a drive in a Porsche went on the first drive in a 944- "I'm never going in that again" Why not ? " Because you don't brake for corners ! "  🙃