Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Went for a run out to Flinders and back.

Cold air and dry/wet roads, perfect 930 conditions.

That cold air feels like an extra 50hp in a turbo.

Bouncing around, hard on the brakes and the rush from 3000rpm.

What a great old car.  :)

Nothing to do for the day other than give it a clean.

Drove round Eastern Creek circuit....very fast!!!  Took part in the Porsche Sport Advanced Driving Course as a prelude to Rennsport tomorrow!  Not too much rain and managed heaps of dry laps early on.  Instructors were Tomas Mezera and Craig Baird, plus a few others.

What a rush!!!

Went for a run out to Flinders and back.

Cold air and dry/wet roads, perfect 930 conditions.

That cold air feels like an extra 50hp in a turbo.

Bouncing around, hard on the brakes and the rush from 3000rpm.

What a great old car.  :)

Nothing to do for the day other than give it a clean.

Where was my call aye? You would have been a distant silver spec anyway..............good to have some sun for a change though.

Frustrated at not being able to go Rennsport I took-off to put 1200Km under my belt.

Melb-Brisbane ranges-Otways-Lorne-Forest drive-Apollo Bay.

Day 2 -Lorne-Torquay-Queenscliff-Sorrento-Flinders-Leongatha-Moe.

Day 3 -Toongabbi-Licola-Rawson-Noojee-Coldstream-Melb.

It took me on some fantastic roads through incredible countryside.

I have already planned what would be a great weekend SMT for the Spring that would be some of the best driving roads in VIC !!!

All you need is a Porsche to feel the tarmac and sweep through the bends.     :rolleyes:

Sounds like fun Caver.

Who did you have as an instructor ?

Vas....there were 4 instructors on the day, Tomas Mezera & Craig Baird were two whom I can remember....I forget the others.  :o

I just viewed my "in car" GoPro footage of a couple of my dry laps....I couldn't resist pulling out the stopwatch.  My best time was 2min24sec.  That's a 2.7 litre Boxster with road tyres, a little rain and a very inexperienced driver!  I was smiling from ear to ear!  That's my first time on a track!

I noticed that Craig Baird was laping in 1:32 today in the GT3 Cup!   :blink:

After Rennsport yesterday I had an incredible urge to take the Porka for a squirt.

Kangaroo Ground, Yarra Glen, Healesville, Kinglake and home to Mill Park in under two hours including a coffee stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to love living in the Northern suburbs!!!!

drove to Shell. Front tyres were at 29PSI and rear at 36PSI. This is the P recommendation in my manual for 18s

I increased the front to 32 but left the rear at 36 - maybe I should have increased the rear a bit.

then I drove home!

and today to get a wheel alignment done!  She'll be as new in no time at all... although, as I was leaving I hear the guy sit my key and porsche key fob on the front guard.. now if I can hear that, what has that done to my paint   :angry:   not happy 

turn around and take the car, they just lost the job !!

Then send them the bill for the polish and detailing !

The car has a friggin soft top - if one is lazy enough to need to put the keys with the car, wouldn't you put them on the part that won't scratch??   

EDIT - alignement is done.  The rear camber was out a bit, thats been adjusted.  As a result of this the right rear tyre is very slightly worn on the inside. Rest of the alignment was all good. 

Tyres are very new.  Said they easily have 20,000km left on them of good careful driving.

So maybe, I swap out the rear 2 for new ones and get rid of that worn tyre?