My 924 Turbo

SteveF

After allot of searching, and a bit of stalking, I am back with a Porsche!! I was looking for a 944 or 924 Turbo and James P kindly agreed to sell me his 1981 924 Turbo which was originally one of only a few two tone cars sold in Australia. The car is currently on the way to Sydney and I hope to get it in a few weeks. After doing a few small mechanical bits the plan is to get it back to it's two tone glory, but first just enjoy driving it. I am looking forward to getting back on some drives with everyone.

A big thanks to Ronny (Dreamr) , Rickie (Port) for letting me drive his 944, John (Fishcop) for throwing me the keys of his 944 S2 and of course James for letting me be the next custodian of this fantastic car. 

IMG_8026[1].jpg

21 minutes ago, SteveF said:

Thanks gents. Much appreciated. Yes, I love the wheels but may change my mind after having to clean them a few times!

Nice car, enjoy the journey.

Regarding wheels, this stuff seriously works!  Prevents brake dust sticking to the wheels.  My Audi went from having black wheels within a week to only needing a light clean and recoat every month or three.

SCA_383993_hi-res.jpg?sw=558&sh=558&sm=f

54 minutes ago, edgy said:

Welcome back Steve! Nice example, the 924 is a great classic Porsche 

Geez what a difference 40 years makes. When I bought my brand new 924 back in early 1981 all I got was " it's not a real Porsche" from all the 911 owners.

Most of the time it was light hearted ribbing/banter and that's the way I took it but some were deadly serious.

6 hours ago, SteveF said:

Yes @michel lessons have been learnt and I will keep this one. I am very much looking forward to getting it up here.

I am so proud of you Grasshopper ... the path to Porsche’s I shouldn’t have sold redemption starts with acknowledgement of past stupid decisions ...

Let the healing begin ...

49 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Can someone enlighten us 924-ignorant what the two-tone paint is?

Two tone paint is when the top half of the car is a different color to the bottom. New color starts somewhere around half way up the door.Have seen them in red and white combo and various others but the colors are always in contrast the each other.