SteveF

My 924 Turbo

With the help of @Dreamr and @dreamr jnr, last weekend we replaced all spark plugs, injectors, distributor & rotor, fuel & oil filters, replaced the oil and fixed the air in the cooling system issue. Today it went in for the timing belt, water pump and tie rods before being put on historic rego!! Mechanically it is in great shape and drove beautifully the long way home via the Old Pac Highway.

Where else are you going to see two 924 turbos (series 1 & 2), a series 1 944 a 996 & a 911 Junior together?? Cars & Coffee @ Kariong! (Ronny's place)

20201218_164030[1].jpg

8 hours ago, Niko said:

great stuff Steve..and Dreamr

I caught up with these 2 jokers yesterday @Dreamr @SteveF to have a look at Steve's car and I am liking the color. 

Lot's of passion for these cars from these 2 gents and it's good to see people keeping these older cars alive. Lots of talk around restoration and the like. And Steve, when I followed you out to the HWY after we left the mech, your car car looked great from behind and no smoke which is surely a good sign, no body roll either:D

27 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Put your bloody scooter away as well @Dreamr

All part of the Cars n Coffee ... we welcome all types .. 😉

7 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

All part of the Cars n Coffee ... we welcome all types .. 😉

I’m hearing from reputable sources that you make a mean chai latte

Just got the car back from getting some work completed. I had the suspension refreshed with new bushes and Koni shocks all round, some gaskets and seals to get rid of oil leaks, new coolant tank and a few hoses. Along with a new window washer tank, which I installed a few months ago, under the bonnet is looking pretty good. Just have to install the new under bonnet insulation when it arrives and we are sorted. As you could imagine with new suspension bits and pieces the driving was noticeably improved so can't wait to get it out on some twisties.

Only other item for the moment is to get the muffler replaced. Then I had better stop, for a little while anyway, before I get divorced :) 

20210421_154647[1].jpg

39 minutes ago, SteveF said:

Just got the car back from getting some work completed. I had the suspension refreshed with new bushes and Koni shocks all round, some gaskets and seals to get rid of oil leaks, new coolant tank and a few hoses. Along with a new window washer tank which I installed a few months ago under the bonnet is looking pretty good. Just have to install the new under bonnet insulation when it arrives and we are sorted. As you could imagine with new suspension bits and pieces the driving was noticeably improved so can't wait to get it out on some twisties.

Only other item for the moment is to get the muffler replaced. Then I had better stop, for a little while anyway, before I get divorced :) 

Looking good mate.....well done......

On 19/12/2020 at 17:55, TINGY said:

Put your bloody scooter away as well @Dreamr

Looking at the grass, that lawn mower doesn’t work either

19 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Looking at the grass, that lawn mower doesn’t work either

“That” lawnmower is too old, fat and lazy! ... :P