Insurance

Insured my 87 Carrera last week for $125k with Lumley Ins, premium was $841.00, much cheaper than Famous, NRMA and Shannons.

My XU-1 is with Famous now,  $150k for $719, was with NRMA for years, shop around and save.

Most classic car insurance companies offer the same benefits now.

Cheers,

Dominic.

2 hours ago, dominicxu1 said:

Insured my 87 Carrera last week for $125k with Lumley Ins, premium was $841.00, much cheaper than Famous, NRMA and Shannons.

My XU-1 is with Famous now,  $150k for $719, was with NRMA for years, shop around and save.

Most classic car insurance companies offer the same benefits now.

Cheers,

Dominic.

I'm with Lumleys.

Been with them for about 4 years now...

Cheers,

Geoff.

I just did the shop around for my RS, although I have been with Famous for many years now... they were insanely expensive, Porsche insurance was the best, so they have my business again. 

Always shop around! 

Famous are a very good insurer though, I will say that! Credit where its due & all... 

Isnt Porsche Insurance through MB Insurance? If you get a quote direct off their website it should come in cheaper than the Porsche quote. I could be mistaken but I was certain when I got the GTS and Macan the dealer gave me quotes for Porsche Insurance and they were basically the MB policy. 

Use a broker.  I highly recommend a broker for any insurance after Allianz tried so so hard to screw me over (but failed in the end).  A friend who works in insurance claims processing advised me (and anyone who listens to him) to use a broker.

I learned the following benefits of using a broker:

1. They have access to non-retail policies.  This sometimes means better terms than the same "branded" policy from the shared underwriter.

2. They can help with any claims process.  Unlike the insurer, their objective is repeat business, not denying claims.

Of course, you will pay for the services of the broker and this should be very transparent.

I have happily used Omnisure for years, but there are many out there.

On 11/11/2020 at 19:31, GC9911 said:

My insurance is due shortly & consequently I’ve initiated the quotation process. I called Famous & was advised by the polite gent on the phone “he could not provide a quote as they no longer have an underwriter”. 

Looks like I'll be going shopping again. Had all my cars with Famous till recently. My DD had gone up by a considerable margin so changed that to a basic policy with AAMI. The 911 and MR2 are due early next year...

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

Looks like I'll be going shopping again. Had all my cars with Famous till recently. My DD had gone up by a considerable margin so changed that to a basic policy with AAMI. The 911 and MR2 are due early next year...

I’ve had 3 quotes so far, Porsche/BM, Shannons & Ryno. Ryno are $400 cheaper with all the same conditions as the others. Lumleys couldn’t provide a quote as the value of the car is above their limit. 

27 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

Lumleys couldn’t provide a quote as the value of the car is above their limit. 

Had the same, I was dumbfounded, they were happy to insure the other 15 vehicles but not the Gin &Tonic.

Back to Shannons again, values increased and the premiums were lower....win win