My 928S

t4orcemps

I love all Porsches but somehow have ended up with no 911s in the garage.

I currently own a 2001 Boxster S manual, 2003 Cayenne Turbo and this 1985 928S with Gemballa wide bodykit and Koenig supercharger kit which I purchased this year. 

The modifications to the 928 were commissioned by the first owner in Germany when the car was relatively new. Those modifications at the time cost almost as much as the purchase price. The car has stayed that way since almost new and at some point in time was shipped to Japan (so I'm told) and then to Australia. The trail of documentation from Germany to Japan is not with me and the documentation in Australia is also a little skimp. But I do have a lot of paperwork, service records and correspondence for the car from new till the time it left Germany. What is clear is that the car is original in terms of matching numbers and has only 63,000 kms. I would like to track the original owner down at some point in time if he's still alive. 

Having sat around for awhile, there's plenty of things to be done and certain things are still not working properly. However, it is in overall really good condition. Underneath, it looks like the car has never been driven in the rain. The body modifications are not to everyone's liking but to its credit, it is period correct. 

Got the opportunity to take it out and took some pictures to share. The numberplates are a bit misleading as it's not an S4 but it is a 5.0. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (3).jpeg

2 hours ago, t4orcemps said:

I love all Porsches but somehow have ended up with no 911s in the garage.

I currently own a 2001 Boxster S manual, 2003 Cayenne Turbo and this 1985 928S with Gemballa wide bodykit and Koenig supercharger kit which I purchased this year. 

The modifications to the 928 were commissioned by the first owner in Germany when the car was relatively new. Those modifications at the time cost almost as much as the purchase price. The car has stayed that way since almost new and at some point in time was shipped to Japan (so I'm told) and then to Australia. The trail of documentation from Germany to Japan is not with me and the documentation in Australia is also a little skimp. But I do have a lot of paperwork, service records and correspondence for the car from new till the time it left Germany. What is clear is that the car is original in terms of matching numbers and has only 63,000 kms. I would like to track the original owner down at some point in time if he's still alive. 

Having sat around for awhile, there's plenty of things to be done and certain things are still not working properly. However, it is in overall really good condition. Underneath, it looks like the car has never been driven in the rain. The body modifications are not to everyone's liking but to its credit, it is period correct. 

Got the opportunity to take it out and took some pictures to share. The numberplates are a bit misleading as it's not an S4 but it is a 5.0. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-21 at 6.30.00 PM (3).jpeg

Much kudos to you ... sterling choice. 

is the interior as lascivious as the exterior? 

can I ask what sort  of wardrobe you’re thinking to kit yourself out , for the odd occasion it’s working 

1 hour ago, Russ said:

that's awesome, is it a Gemballa?

Yes it is

3 hours ago, michel said:

Much kudos to you ... sterling choice. 

is the interior as lascivious as the exterior? 

can I ask what sort  of wardrobe you’re thinking to kit yourself out , for the odd occasion it’s working 

No, the interior is standard with extended leather stitching everywhere. 

Obviously the only choice of wardrobe would be a green velour suit with a mankini underneath