Wanted! 996 911 in Melbourne Coupe or Cab Auto or Manual

withers

Hello PFA.. long time no see!

I got the green light to go ahead and buy a 911 🙏

I'm after a 996 and i prefer fried eggs and originality.  I'm looking for a good example and maybe a seller who doesnt want the CS hassles of selling and is looking for a enthusiast buyer. 

I'm in Melbourne.  I would want a PPI done on any car I look at... so must be open to that. 

I'd prefer a car that isnt a dark color as it would drive me mad looking at swirls and keeping it clean. And i love interiors that aren't black :) 

Auto or Manual - dont really care

Cab or Coupe - open to either

Although a manual coupe would be outta my price range in this market I think?!  But lets see what is out there.  

For me, a 911 is like a dream come true and something I hope my 3.5yr old son will enjoy with me... which is why a Boxster is out of the question! I want 3 seats for the family.

@Dave Brennan   please take note :)  

8 hours ago, amanda said:

Hello PFA.. long time no see!

I got the green light to go ahead and buy a 911 🙏

I'm after a 996 and i prefer fried eggs and originality.  I'm looking for a good example and maybe a seller who doesnt want the CS hassles of selling and is looking for a enthusiast buyer. 

I'm in Melbourne.  I would want a PPI done on any car I look at... so must be open to that. 

I'd prefer a car that isnt a dark color as it would drive me mad looking at swirls and keeping it clean. And i love interiors that aren't black :) 

Auto or Manual - dont really care

Cab or Coupe - open to either

Although a manual coupe would be outta my price range in this market I think?!  But lets see what is out there.  

For me, a 911 is like a dream come true and something I hope my 3.5yr old son will enjoy with me... which is why a Boxster is out of the question! I want 3 seats for the family.

@Dave Brennan   please take note :)  

Hi Amanda - if you'd like to PM me, I know of one about to come onto the market in Melbourne.  Everything you're looking for......except black.  So if you change your mind on the colour, let me know.  82000km, manual, happy to get ppi done, coupe very good oringinal condition....but black.

3 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Hi Amanda - if you'd like to PM me, I know of one about to come onto the market in Melbourne.  Everything you're looking for......except black.  So if you change your mind on the colour, let me know.  82000km, manual, happy to get ppi done, coupe very good oringinal condition....but black.

Nothing wrong with Black!!! Just say'n!!

received_242018053856702.jpeg

Hi Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I too am searching for a 996 at the moment and am located in Melbourne with the same reasoning you have applied re: fitting a family in the car as needed, though my preference is for manual and a coupe. And I would be happy to have a black 996 @Gavin (CliffToCoast) :) 

Cheers

Craig

59 minutes ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Welcome back Amanda! I remember you being fairly active on the forum when I first joined and bought my first Porsche:)

Me too, it was when we were looking for our 987 (first P car).  I'm ashamed (not...) to say that we're on to no's  3 & 5........

Had the pleasure of driving a black C4S a few years back for a while - agree they look nice in black.  Like that red highlight!

The wife wanted to plastidip the wheels red as well ... had to rain on her parade with that one! .. 😅

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

The wife wanted to plastidip the wheels red as well ... had to rain on her parade with that one! .. 😅

Surprise her sir with freshly dipped toes?

@amanda glw searching and welcome back

.perhaps put a price guide out there so would be sellers make an offer knowing where you are at ?

1 hour ago, michel said:

Surprise her sir with freshly dipped toes?

There will be no surprising her with dipped anything!

She's trying to recreate the look of a GT3RS ... I said .. let's just buy the real thing .. :cool07:

No go for me ... so no go for her! .. 😅

10 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Hey! Cheers for the heads up -  I did see this this morning and let myself ponder over it throughout the day.  I think I have to stick to my no black thing, I'm just not a black car person at all :)  

3 hours ago, P-Kay said:

The correct number of Porsches is one more than you currently have :ph34r:

And you who lives in my neck of the woods had that arena red 996 that came from brighton porsche with the high km if memory serves me correct!

Now you have a full fleet of p cars by the looks of it  :)  awesome!

6 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Nothing wrong with Black!!! Just say'n!!

received_242018053856702.jpeg

Yeh they look fantastic.. but its not for me!

1 hour ago, michel said:

@amanda glw searching and welcome back

.perhaps put a price guide out there so would be sellers make an offer knowing where you are at ?

Thank you.

My budget - you know I'm not 100% sure what it is to be honest.  Probably around the $50k mark.. but I have to also get the car on the road and consider insurance too.  Although if I stumbled across a Auto 997 Coupe in the mid 60s that was ok, I'd probably consider that too.  Depends how well my nagging skills do  😮 

On 26/11/2020 at 12:39, crsedge said:

Hi Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I too am searching for a 996 at the moment and am located in Melbourne with the same reasoning you have applied re: fitting a family in the car as needed, though my preference is for manual and a coupe. And I would be happy to have a black 996 @Gavin (CliffToCoast) :) 

Cheers

Craig

Hi Craig, this is the car that @Gavin (CliffToCoast) was referring to (posted in For Sale this morning), let me know if you want any more info or photos; 

59 minutes ago, crsedge said:

@amanda- Not my car nor is it in Melbourne but appears a good dropped price before being traded on Monday?

4D1352A1-B812-4992-882B-078398777262.jpeg

I've left him a message ;) although given its to be traded Monday and I really am not comfortable without doing a PPI - I'll probably have to miss this one. 

1 hour ago, amanda said:

I've left him a message ;) although given its to be traded Monday and I really am not comfortable without doing a PPI - I'll probably have to miss this one. 

I’d imagine a deposit and a sale pending the results of a PPI is a reasonable request?

Owner is probably only being offered a wholesale trade in, which will start with a 3 and whether they hand it over Monday or a week later probably doesn’t matter much to the dealer?

5 minutes ago, amanda said:

my old 987 is for sale

Personally, I would suggest to stick with your current course and stay strong.

Maybe I have it wrong, but I understood you always wanted a 911

The 987 may feel familiar, but only you can answer whether it will leave you longing for the 911