911 Retro-works 993 - lands in Australia

So the first "911 Retro-works" 933, completely restored and tricked up to have some of the features of a modern day car, whilst retaining the classic look. Whilst I appreciate this isn't the purist favourite option, it suits many people who want a reliable daily driver, with some nice curves & without the price tag of some other Retro 911's.

Hope to see you out & about in old Sydney town...

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

13 hours ago, DJM said:

Looks weird, especially the rear arches, NQR

It’s tough to backdate a 964 or 993 without excessively deep bumpers too - visually throws things off. 

Doesn’t matter to some, others (especially those who have been around 64-73 911’s for a while) it drives nuts. 

On 27/11/2020 at 23:56, DJM said:

Looks weird, especially the rear arches, NQR

Yep, I like everything done in principle, the colour, the fitting all looks amazing.  But something about the proportions put it in the "uncanny valley".  Either way I am sure the owner loves it and it drives great.

I’m not going to criticise somebody’s pride and joy but I will offer some suggestions regarding the “weird” appearance.  The front flares look very 1970s with the lip rolled completely, in keeping with the era. The deep side skirts of the 993 have been retained requiring deeper extensions behind the rear wheels. The front valance from the long hood appears to be retained In it’s original dimensions. All these seem to give an unbalanced appearance, light or high in the front, heavy in the back

This could also be because the front tub where the guards bolt on was not modified (lowered). I think the tub is higher in the 993, This would mean that the hood, bumper bar, valance and guards will sit higher Requiring the front arch to be extended lower to “fit” the wheel.

I know, ramblings of a crazy person

Is Retroworks selling in Aust? I looked up shipping one and it was not extremely easy, ór possible and came with high risk. Love the vehicles and concept, just couldnt find an easy and secure way to land it here. Would welcome them providing a full service landed here with pricing accordingly if this has changed?

8 hours ago, Mark likes Porsche WA said:

Is Retroworks selling in Aust? I looked up shipping one and it was not extremely easy, ór possible and came with high risk. Love the vehicles and concept, just couldnt find an easy and secure way to land it here. Would welcome them providing a full service landed here with pricing accordingly if this has changed?

@garethg can help you