997 price Illuminati - what is this thing worth?

Jason E

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2008/oag-ad-19241083/?utm_campaign=interest-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=d4f6b801-702b-4260-a6a6-91a253a29a48

How much is a reasonable amount to expect to pay for this.  Redbook suggests the asking price is high.  Illuminate me please.

cheers,

Jason Eacott

Capture.PNG

I wouldn't be judging your pricing by Redbooks values ... they say an Air cooled 911 is still $50k ... 😅

It's a gen 2 which is good. Totally eliminates the IMS issues which the 996 was plagued with along with the 997 gen 1 (although not as bad as the 996).

Can't really speak for pricing as I don't really follow the 997 market but I'm sure others more knowledgeable will chime in ..

On 02/12/2020 at 18:10, Dreamr said:

IMS issues which the 996 was plagued with

Ha nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Jason E said:

Makes this look like good buying........

That’s the car to buy - still believe the 997’s are better manual as well.

...but damn I’d be getting two PPI’s on that...

21 minutes ago, jordan said:

Ha nonsense.

That’s the car to buy - still believe the 997’s are better manual as well.

...but damn I’d be getting two PPI’s on that...

I had my eye on that car as well - not saying anything is wrong but its listed as a manual 2008 / History report says it's an Auto & the VIN listed on the report returns C2S convertible.

2 hours ago, Jason E said:

yep, you're right, back at 102.

Yeah, I’ve been watching this one too, gradually dropping the asking. Had a quick look at it last week....very well presented  Pity it’s not an ‘S’, but still a nice spec.  At $100K or thereabouts I reckon it’s pretty well on the money.  

26 minutes ago, Jim45 said:

I had my eye on that car as well - not saying anything is wrong but its listed as a manual 2008 / History report says it's an Auto & the VIN listed on the report returns C2S convertible.

Yeah looks dodgy. No interior shots either...

I’d be banking 997s to be min 100k no matter if gen 1 or 2.

Look at 996 (even rarer for .2) manuals at the moment. There’s nothing. It’ll jump up to $80k base for 996 manual potentially.

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Look at 996 (even rarer for .2) manuals at the moment. There’s nothing. It’ll jump up to $80k base for 996 manual potentially.

Feel free to DM me if you’d like to buy a manual 996 for $80k 😉