992 GT3 Market Watch

DJM

Interested in pricing and options for 992 GT3.

What do we know so far?  
Will a 992 GT3 match 991.2 GT3 RS?   New front suspension and all......🤔
Who has has a spot in the queue?

I understand deliveries from Q3 2021?

Details will be announced around Jan25. Enters production in March. Touring will be announced in May and enter production in July. Ring time will be fractionally faster than 991.2 GT3 RS. I have seen the car in person testing at the Ring and watched the car chase down and pass a factory 991.2 GT3 RS down the Dottinger Hohe. So you will effectively be getting 991 RS performance for a GT3 price. Price increase will be contained to around 8%.

7 hours ago, WGA said:

Details will be announced around Jan25. Enters production in March. Touring will be announced in May and enter production in July. Ring time will be fractionally faster than 991.2 GT3 RS. I have seen the car in person testing at the Ring and watched the car chase down and pass a factory 991.2 GT3 RS down the Dottinger Hohe. So you will effectively be getting 991 RS performance for a GT3 price. Price increase will be contained to around 8%.

So cheaper  than a used 991.2 RS?  400-ish I assume?

9 minutes ago, DJM said:

So cheaper  than a used 991.2 RS?  400-ish I assume?

Yes. Should be. Will potentially knock the stuffing out of 991.2 GT3 RS prices....and I own two..... but one will be replaced by a Touring so I will have a foot in both camps.

9 hours ago, WGA said:

but do you have any specific details? 😁

On 17/12/2020 at 08:17, Ozvino said:

but do you have any specific details? 😁

Motor Magazine article says ~$370k (plus options and on road costs) - that’ll be mid 400s with crazy Vic stamp dutY

5974B560-9724-433C-B912-9EE96D35184B.jpeg

The story was written by Kyle Fortune who I personally know. He test drove and wrote a story on my 996 RS for Total911 magazine only last February. He knows a lot more about the new GT3 than is disclosed here...as you would expect. But I can tell you that it is going to be super value at $370K which is only a 5% (or thereabouts) price increase over the 991.2 isn’t it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up watching the launch live.   What was the verdict?  

Just 10hp more at 510hp suggests they are nearing the limit of NA development?  Sub 7m Nordschleife time, 17s quicker than the old car and faster than a 918 is frankly amazing 😲

the front end seems like the big thing, everything else seems more incremental like it’s 991.3?

I’m sure it will sell out as usual.   be interesting to see first drive impressions and back to back tests.

Lots more downforce probably helps at lot around there, not so much on an SMT 😂

who’s ordering one.......?  How much........”

Lap time 6:59.9 vs 991.2 GT3RS 6:56, within 4 seconds but I’ll bet they tried bloody hard to go faster for marketing purposes.

7 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991.2) - 6:56:04

17secs is a lifetime at the ring. If you were to stand at the overpass of Dottinger Hohe and count 17secs, the distance between the two cars would be over 1 Kilometre!

Although a good chunk of the time difference is probably due to the use of CUP R tyres.

I will have one in Shark Blue...without the wing.

They make a big fuss of the ability to manually shift PDK via the lever.  Hasn't that always been possible?  The only changes appear to be it has an alcantara boot and is shaped like a manual gearshift.

40 minutes ago, DJM said:

They make a big fuss of the ability to manually shift PDK via the lever.  Hasn't that always been possible?  The only changes appear to be it has an alcantara boot and is shaped like a manual gearshift.

Correct. 

I think the fuss was caused by the fact that the 992 Carrera has the 8-sp PDK without the ability to shift gears via the console and a lot of people were assuming it would be the same. But the GT3 has the same 7spd PDK as the last gen so it was always going to have the ability to change gears via the stick.

4 hours ago, WGA said:

You can’t actually order anything yet. What your mate probably means is that like me, I have had a EOI deposit down at PCM for 2+ years which is not really an order.

Yeah your right.  Technically he has one of those "vehicle expression of interest agreements" that he's executed along with the deposit he's forked out.  

They are telling him he should have it later this year. 

Haha love Edgy's plug for the 991.2 values going up! :)

21 minutes ago, DJM said:

991.2 is the sweet spot 😂

I know you're taking the piss but I agree with you! Id rather have what's in your garage personally. The 992 styling is too far of a departure from what the 911 should be. Looks are subjective I know, but its not the sort of car you'd turn around to look at after locking it up. I am not a player in this market however, so what I think probably doesn't matter anyway!