992 GT3 Market Watch

DJM

15 hours ago, spiller said:

Not as pretty as the 991.2 but 17 sec is monumental. I bet the majority of that is down to the new tyre as @WGA already suggested though. 

Good info here, yes tyre plays a big part, aided by front wishbones and improved aero.  He also explains the 20.6 vs 20.8km track times so the 992 is 6:55, 1 second quicker than 991.2 RS comparing both on the same 20.6km lap.  Frankly amazing because the RS was a monster (1:37.7 around Phillip Island 😲)

23 hours ago, spiller said:

I know you're taking the piss but I agree with you! Id rather have what's in your garage personally. The 992 styling is too far of a departure from what the 911 should be. Looks are subjective I know, but its not the sort of car you'd turn around to look at after locking it up. I am not a player in this market however, so what I think probably doesn't matter anyway!

I beg to differ this thing looks amazing 

83D4BB6D-C454-4F64-9A35-A33C063287CA.jpeg

E38089A1-8A4F-4158-9CE2-1554FC29FDBD.jpeg

93EAC292-021F-40FC-8894-9AF04D05F112.jpeg

E34E89AD-C83C-4354-A593-07EC3845748B.jpeg

13 hours ago, spiller said:

Yep amazing. What was the gap between the 1.2 GT3 and the 1.2 RS? That gives a better idea given the 2 is a bit quicker than the RS. Porsche has done it again.

I believe the 1.2 GT3 ran on cup 2 tyres where the 1.2 RS ran on Cup 2 “R” tyres so you expect a bigger difference than if they ran on the same tyres. I doubt there will be as much difference in the 992 times unless they pull the old tyre compound trick again. 

• 2 weeks later...

What would be the probability of getting a GT3 touring if I have never owner a GT car before and go and join the wait-list with a refundable deposit next week? I do get 2 current cars serviced at Porsche Centre, but am a long long long way off from being a premium client?

39 minutes ago, HWY said:

What would be the probability of getting a GT3 touring if I have never owner a GT car before and go and join the wait-list with a refundable deposit next week? I do get 2 current cars serviced at Porsche Centre, but am a long long long way off from being a premium client?

You’ll get one, you’ll just have to buy a Taycan and Cayenne to match 😂

Sorry, not helping, I actually have no clue how the process works and how they decide who gets an allocation but have seen lots on YouTube suggesting at least overseas P dealers do play games along those lines.  

I have my hat in the ring for a GT4 RS but not holding my breath.

32 minutes ago, HWY said:

Probability will be much better once you have your deposit down... money talks ;)

The deposit is only $5k and is fully refundable. Seems to me that Australian dealers get a good allocation of GT cars since the RRP is so much higher relative to other RHD markets, obviously taking into account a fair chunk goes as taxes, and not to the bottom line of the company. 

DJM- you only just bought the 1.2 GT3 and already thinking of the next P-car? Playa!

4 hours ago, HWY said:

DJM- you only just bought the 1.2 GT3 and already thinking of the next P-car? Playa!

The EoI has been in for a while.  I very nearly cancelled it after buying the GT3 but decided for $3k I’d maintain my place in the queue and see what happens.  I doubt very much I’ll get a car or that I could stomach the option list on a new RS.

• 1 month later...

Just priced up a Shark Blue GT3 on the configurator with my preferred options and....ouch...$464K in VIC....almost what my 991.2 RS cost me ($476K). That's a big money for a GT3 and significant price hike compared to the 991.2 GT3.

I just specd one as near as possible to my 991.2 and it was $60K more drive away in VIC. There are a few extras for that like the FRP bonnet and  lightweight battery while some of what I optioned on the .2 is now standard. Even the GT3 has now succumbed to the silly start stop. Really how many drive one daily in heavily congested traffic?

• 2 weeks later...

On 01/04/2021 at 06:51, WGA said:

Just priced up a Shark Blue GT3 on the configurator with my preferred options and....ouch...$464K in VIC....almost what my 991.2 RS cost me ($476K). That's a big money for a GT3 and significant price hike compared to the 991.2 GT3.

Used 991.2 just grew in value 👌🏻

• 2 months later...

For those interested the 992 GT3 Touring differentiates itself from the Winged version inside the cabin as well.

The changes see a Black theme consisting of more leather ( dashboard, outer Seat panels with Porsche logo to the top section, tops of doors,  centre console side pieces as well as compartment lid) with GT silver stitching. A Touring specific embossed surface is used on the leading edge of the dash and under the leather featured on the top of the doors; there is also a brushed anodised surface in black to other sections of the cabin including door sills.The black theme continues to the roof lining and fabric inserts to the seat centres.

I assume the sun visor and carpets are also the Black.IMG_3149.thumb.jpeg.4bdad1850f642576730a677821a8e18c.jpeg

IMG_3186.thumb.PNG.b1aa7d42692c6f0cece9abd6cdc824a5.PNGIMG_3185.thumb.PNG.4303b65b4e5720884c7b2f4c30244e58.PNG

I see quite a few doing this, looks ok 👍🏼  the thought did cross my mind.  If i went a winged car i’d have to go Club sport with cage, harnesses hmmm.

Then…..

I’m thinking if I prefer the paired down look I may as well buy a Touring which has well and truly established its self now,  recognized for the subtle differences from Its track focussed sibling both inside and out. 😀