WTB: 996/997 OEM Roof Rack Bars- Sourced

crsedge

I’ve seen 2 sets both on Gumtree, $600’ish.   Note they also fit 997 and are the same part number.  Cast a wider net, good luck.

I tried to tight a$$ it and offer low, didn’t work!  Then I gave up as I’m not sure if I would ever actually used them...

10 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Thanks Ryan. I have already contacted the seller and asked for a part number to see if these are correct, selling on behalf of his brother and is awaiting his response. 

On 31/12/2020 at 08:39, crsedge said:

Thanks Ryan. I have already contacted the seller and asked for a part number to see if these are correct, selling on behalf of his brother and is awaiting his response. 

I live about 15 mins from this seller, so if you need someone to check them out, feel free to get in touch .. 🙂

On 31/12/2020 at 08:39, crsedge said:

Can tell just looking at the pics that they are not the correct ones.  Possibly Cayene I'd say.

1 hour ago, Rod C said:

Can tell just looking at the pics that they are not the correct ones.  Possibly Cayene I'd say.

Thanks Rod. The seller thought they may be Macan but was awaiting confirmation from his brother re part no. which has not occurred

Just a little more info to help with your search. I purchased a set a couple of years ago rather cheap due to the fact that they had lost the keys. A trip to my local locksmith and $20.00 later I had a set of keys.

10 hours ago, Rod C said:

Just a little more info to help with your search. I purchased a set a couple of years ago rather cheap due to the fact that they had lost the keys. A trip to my local locksmith and $20.00 later I had a set of keys.

Nice one. I haven’t had an opportunity to purchase a set with or without keys yet but will keep that in mind and be open to a set without keys on that basis.
Thanks for the info 😊 

10 hours ago, 8t1911 said:

Hi Mate

I have a pair off my 987 Cayman, not sure if they will fit a 996, they have keys, probably about $300, if interested I will get you the PN tomorrow,.

ken

Hi Ken,

Please send me the part number, fingers crossed! Thanks 👍.

Craig

11 hours ago, 8t1911 said:

Hi Craig

The part number is 987.801.105, same part number on both bars. 

Regards

ken

Thanks Ken. I have consulted Dr Google and unfortunately  it appears they won’t be  compatible for a 996.

Thanks for checking it out for me though.

Cheers

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...