Gearbox?

Gnrnr

Hi guys looking for some ideas on where to start looking for my issue.

Driving into town today I heard the clear signs of a bearing going.  My initial thoughts were the throwout bearing for the clutch as it would mostly go away whenever I put my foot on the clutch.  As I got into town it got a little worse, but nothing too concerning assuming it was the throwout bearing.  I got out of the car and notices a few fresh drops of oil along the path I had driven into my parking post.  On looking under the car, the whole underside is coated with oil.  I assume at this stage that it is gearbox oil (replaced only 8,000km ago) based on colour and smell.  Engine oil does not appear to have dropped (same bars as normal).

Input seal to gearbox maybe?  Clutch seems fine and not slipping, gears still shift smoothly, clutch feel is fine, but does tend to stick when you release it, sticking with about an inch of travel to go to the top.

Thoughts on what to look at?

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah :D  worst part has been the waiting since it is hard to get the car somewhere at a reasonable price.  I've become too lazy to want to work on cars while lying on the ground :D

I still cant get over how thoroughly tricked it had me.  It should be heading down to Melbourne next week
to get sorted.

• 1 month later...

Finally got her back today .  Been nearly three months.....  Was the water pump and it turns out the alternator overrun bearing.  Hence the bearing noise I had...  Was at the mechanics for just on a month in the end.  Firstly because until  the drive belt was taken off we didn't know about the alternator bearing and then he ended up having three goes to get the right sized pulley. 

Yeah it was.  Local guy up here in Benalla.  He had some issues getting the right parts from his supplier and it took him a while to be sure he had bled the coolant system properly as he doesn't have the gear to vacuum it.  Looks to be good though.  I've done about 1,000km since I got it back and all seems fine after i topped up another 500ml of coolant.