G series backdate to RSR

blue_ixxi

The metal sill cover with the black trim that runs under the doors. If you’re going to backdate the car to long hood spec you would be deleting it anyway. Just a couple of screw holes to weld up and respray the sill when you’re getting the bumpers done. Fairly simple to do.

You could also do an SCRS front bumper if you didn’t want the front oil cooler opening

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Longhood,  IROC, RSR (2.7 and 3.0) and SCRS didn’t have the sill panel.

Ah I see now. Never even noticed the lack of sill between these models. I do like the black contrast it brings with Arrow Blue. Between the impact bumper, door sills, side scripts and rear guards, there is a nice black that runs along the car. 

Gotta think this through before spending $ on a conversion. M

5 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

Yeah stunning, and owning something like this is the dream. But no way to get to this without cutting and chopping.

Nope. You either go all in or not. 

That said, your car is not original anyway, as it obviously has already chopped before for the widebody, so if it is what you really want. Go for it. The reflector mount, needs to be cut out, but you can keep it and weld it back in later if you ever want to revert it back.

On 28/12/2020 at 13:29, MFX said:

Nope. You either go all in or not. 

That said, your car is not original anyway, as it obviously has already chopped before for the widebody, so if it is what you really want. Go for it. The reflector mount, needs to be cut out, but you can keep it and weld it back in later if you ever want to revert it back.

True. But it was done by the previous owner so I didn’t see it on the operating table getting those wide flares fitted.

I can’t place why I am hesitant to it. I love RWBs and enjoy watching Nakai San chop classic 911s. And so does Magnus Walker, who even has a “chop shop” filled with old 911s body panels. I would love owning those outlaws but don’t have the heart to do it myself 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

True. But it was done by the previous owner so I didn’t see it on the operating table getting those wide flares fitted.

I can’t place why I am hesitant to it. I love RWBs and enjoy watching Nakai San chop classic 911s. And so does Magnus Walker, who even has a “chop shop” filled with old 911s body panels. I would love owning those outlaws but don’t have the heart to do it myself 🤦‍♂️

So sell it and buy a pre-74 or a backdate. Simple. 

ps. If you buy a backdate, then get used to explaining it (they are easy to spot). 

Ps. I have a mate thinking of selling his RWB if that is of interest. 

I think if you don’t have the heart the best bet for a backdate is sell your nice example and pick up a LHD import that has been converted to RHD and isn’t in great shape. Problem being though those cars are now hard to come by and not as cheap as they used to be. 

1 hour ago, OBRUT said:

Answer in your best husky, sexy-time, voice: “What year do you want it to be???”

Out of interest what is the going rate for a RWB?

12 minutes ago, hugh said:

Auto? 

Manual. 

9 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Out of interest what is the going rate for a RWB?

Varies depending on the overall build.  

I’ve heard circa US$35k for supply amd fitting of the body kit, but not done one myself. 

Give Michael Harris a shout - he did all the work to tidy this car up.  I recall driving it - if I spent any money on it, it would be on the engine... ;)

https://promotive.com.au/

On 26/12/2020 at 10:00, OZ930 said:

So you will have a few bits left over and already painted Arrow Blue....handy for me 🙂

I have a few 100mls of Arrow Blue paint left over if you need ;)