G series backdate to RSR

blue_ixxi

10 hours ago, OZ930 said:

If you must have a longhood, sell yours and buy the 2.7 longhood 912 on this forum, then play from there.  Nothing cut up, everyone happy 😀

Yeah that is such a beauty. So tempting!

4 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Give Michael Harris a shout - he did all the work to tidy this car up.  I recall driving it - if I spent any money on it, it would be on the engine... ;)

https://promotive.com.au/

I have a few 100mls of Arrow Blue paint left over if you need ;)

Yes have spoken to Michael. Sadly he is in Brisbane and I am in Sydney, so apart from the car history that he already shared in a lot of detail, I can't get him to help with much else.

Interesting comment about engine. I find it pretty sorted, roughly 205bhp, pulls strong and smooth and only done 50K kms since rebuild. What work do you suggest I do to it?

39 minutes ago, blue_ixxi said:

Yes have spoken to Michael. Sadly he is in Brisbane and I am in Sydney, so apart from the car history that he already shared in a lot of detail, I can't get him to help with much else.

Interesting comment about engine. I find it pretty sorted, roughly 205bhp, pulls strong and smooth and only done 50K kms since rebuild. What work do you suggest I do to it?

It's great standard engine.  But the set up, cosmetics, widths and rubber would suggest it has a bigger heart :)  It's crying out for a 3.5l ITB screamer or a 964 3.6 transplant :D

13 hours ago, Fishcop said:

It's great standard engine.  But the set up, cosmetics, widths and rubber would suggest it has a bigger heart :)  It's crying out for a 3.5l ITB screamer or a 964 3.6 transplant :D

I hear you and you make a great point. It is a matching numbers Aussie delivered car, so there is a bit of hesitation to change out the engine on my part. If the engine needed rework, I would have definitely considered rebuilding it as a higher displacement engine.

I will take your feedback and keep a look out for a 3.2 or 3.6 engine out of later models

2 hours ago, blue_ixxi said:

I will take your feedback and keep a look out for a 3.8 engine 

Bravissimo...wide boy and an accompanying soundtrack. 

IROC is a kinda correct re:VIN and Brutta Bella . But like all n sundry say if you got the tingly feels for a long hood, get out the grinder. It’s only time time and more money. And it’s just a car 

Looking forward to holiday progress 

Edit: made a slight mod to your engine theory