To wave or not to wave

maxy

I am more of a finger lift wave to 'older' P-Cars.

Doish, what is a 'bush wave'?

Now Doug which finger are you lifting.

Seriously though, got two waves today. One Boxster and one 964.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to wait for eye contact before a little wave to fellow P drivers. It tends to be the older cars' drivers replying.

In the past I got around in an old Land Rover ute. Every other LR driver would give a wave, more of an acknowledgement of survival and hardship in those old clunkers.

I stopped at the lights next to another Boxster the other day. We both had our roof open. We chatted until the lights changed. I sometimes wave to other P-cars and will always acknowledge if I receive a wave. More often in the country than in "town".

haha the bush wave is a rare thing these days - but then theres old folks that take it to extremes and only just lift their finger

i wave at everyone in a porsche (even cayennes) but mostly get a reply from older 911's or 944s/924s

I remember back in the late 70s other Porsche owners would pull over for a chat.

The good old days. :)

They do that all the time.

Haven't you seen the mums in their Cayennes before and after school.

I remember back in the late 70s other Porsche owners would pull over for a chat.

The good old days. :)

I've been known to do this...recently. I just had to stop and check out an outlaw 356 parked by a Ferrari 308 with the drivers chatting away on the roadside.

I've been known to do this...recently. I just had to stop and check out an outlaw 356 parked by a Ferrari 308 with the drivers chatting away on the roadside.

Was the Ferrari on fire or just would not start ?

No oil ?

Steam?

Owner parked in shame?

• 2 weeks later...

The no wave back are from the non enthusiast who are just in their mode of transport going about their business, they don't get what its about, their not rude just not car people that dont know how lucky they are.

I wave.... no one waves back.... not sure if my heads that ugly or its cause my window tint is that dark you can't see me.... has completely nothing to do with the fact my Porsche has a front engine and watercooled....

Ha ha, no of course it has nothing to do with your engine position or radiator Aussie,...................

try waving to a Boxster next time, guarantee we will acknowledge you.

Archived