To wave or not to wave

maxy

i've waved to 3 cayenne's in a row now and NO REPLY

they wonder how the snubing starts!

spent a bit of time wandering around Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn yesterday, and seen a total of 5 Cayennes, over a two hour period, all either black or silver and one was even flat black (not sure why you would have that on a Cayenne, but each to their own)

All businessman on their  phones, plus a couple of very trendy ladies, doing U turns in bumper to bumper traffic (one also on her phone)

I just think they are all too busy to be able to get a wave in.   Plus with only two hands, one on the phone the other on the wheel it probably makes it near impossible. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The no wave back are from the non enthusiast who are just in their mode of transport going about their business, they don't get what its about, their not rude just not car people that dont know how lucky they are.

I think you have it spot on there duk.

I might start waving at Porsches when I'm walking down the street!  If CX7s wave at Ps, then there should be nothing weird about that at all.

:rolleyes:

I reckon that's a great idea, then I can start tooting all the ladies on the footpaths going for a run or a walk, without being reported for stalking them.

Let's go back to before political correctness took over.....desismileys_4405.gifBEEP  BEEP....

in canberra and it might be more to do with is been the 'bush capital'..most early p drivers irrespective of  been front or rear oriented are pretty socialable...many times started a roadside converstion or chased an early car down to geth their details..though this quickly dissipates as the cars get newer and would say this is true for all over heated marques BMW, AUDI et al

canberra is in reality a small city so seeing early cars on the road is a bit of a novelty - but they are still out there been driven

Michel that is so true,

I was in my P car the other day and a nice early gold 911 went by and we both did the natural thing and waved...

Then a couple of days later I was in the M3 and forgetting myself I gave a guy in a blue M3 a wave, he didn't even look my way let alone wave... 

I just have to remember which car I am in to decide whether I am going to be friendly or not ;-)

• 1 year later...

On the way to Auto Italia today, a guy in a nicely done-up AE86 passed me.  I gave him the ol' thumbs up and had his arm out the window with various thankyou gestures. 

This was while we were sharing the road with a convoy of 7 Ferraris on the way to the show....

I love a well-done car, regardless of what it is...

(except camrys & magnas....they should be all crushed and made into modern art :P )

The newer ones i don't bother with. They probably think i'm driving an rx7.. 

The classics i usually wave. If i see a 944 i'll give him a wave regardless. Any 944/924 owner will spot another 1 kilometer away!  

I do get the occasional thumbs up from someone walks across a crossing (probably thanking me for not plowing them over) Or by some car enthusiast that i've overtaken (with the turbo spooling and exhaust on scream mode).

Quite interesting.. I was watching a "coffee run" by Deadmau5 in Miami. Basically it was a video of him and Laidback Luke in his Ferrari talking nonsense and mid way though the vid, another Ferrari drives past. Deadmau5 waves at him. Laidback Luke notices and says "oh you wave at other Ferraris" Deadmau5 responds "yeah it's like a Ferrari thing we wave at eachother" 

Being a young driver i'm in the odd catch 22 situation, people look at me with disgust because unlike other 22 year olds I put my money towards a passion rather than booze and the club scene so in todays day and age they will assume I am simply driving daddys car, or better yet I am a drug dealer! On a constant basis I am confronted at the lights by P platers who want to run! or the occasional smile from a girl! Its fair to say I made the right move living my mid life crisis at 22 instead of 50 :) However Im always up for a wave or the "it looks nice sign" if i think anyones car is nice! Its an enthusiast thing I suppose

Archived