To wave or not to wave

maxy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a thumbs up today from a WRX driver on the Old Pac Highway this morning on the way to meet Dreamr & Corki and a guy on a scooter high powered motorbike saying how nice the car was as we were driving along on Beecroft Road. 

Sounds like you need to pick up the pace a bit.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on that one. All fixed.

• 1 month later...
Guest Harold

waved at a Silver 991S just like mine last week, then realised it was mine in the shop window. Very disappointed as it was my first wave to or from.

I waved to all Porsche cars - but recently I've stopped waving to Cayennes, Macans and Panameras [the drivers of which just stare at me blankly, wondering why plebb-guy in little sports car is waving at them]...

I used to get heaps of waves in my old 930... now I just get scowls and grumpy faces from people, while driving the 997.  Doesn't stop me waving though :)

All that said, the best wave I ever got was from a Red GTS Cayenne out on back country roads.  I was going 'fast' in one direction and they were doing the same in the other.  Girl in the passenger seat of Cayenne gave me the biggest wave as I gave them a 'toot' with the horn.

I drove the 356 in the rain last week and the windscreen fogged up. So I’m busily wiping the screen with my hand –back and forth, back and forth. Drivers in oncoming traffic were giving me very strange looks. Good looking girl in a Barina grinned and waved back though.

Archived