Spotted Thread

12 hours ago, Midnight 911 said:

For me 3 things make it a miss:

Rear Reflector delete, 911 logo and headlights. 

Soooo close. 

Hope I don’t get spotted....

Love it apart from the rear reflector delete

Spotted at couple of nice units at PCB yesterday.  @Skidmarks you just cannot hide with that colour.  Heard it out on its test drive after service too.  Came up behind me and did look great.  Nice silver Carrera GT there as well. I wanted to go and have a look but they don't like you walking around the garage area.

17 hours ago, hugh said:

I'm a huge 964 fan. Not at all a fan of that though.........................why!!!!

I'm on your team Hugh. I've seen this car in the flesh and spent a good amount of time running my eye over it and concluded that it's just not quite right. I really dislike the modern Fuchs for a starters, the petal pattern is not to my taste and does not reflect the original. I might like it better with different wheels. as it actually has some tasteful backdate ideas without being a backdate.

The interior has had a lot of work and i like the concept, but not the execution. 

Believe it may have a 3.8... someone has spent serious $$$ on it though. Good on the owner though, they have built something unique and it certainly gets the attention, even from the 964 haters @LeeM ?

18 hours ago, Midnight 911 said:

For me 3 things make it a miss:

Rear Reflector delete, 911 logo and headlights. 

2 hours ago, poli84 said:

I'm on your team Hugh. I've seen this car in the flesh and spent a good amount of time running my eye over it and concluded that it's just not quite right. I really dislike the modern Fuchs for a starters, the petal pattern is not to my taste and does not reflect the original. I might like it better with different wheels. as it actually has some tasteful backdate ideas without being a backdate.

The interior has had a lot of work and i like the concept, but not the execution. 

Both owners of beautiful 964's! (+ good eyes for taste)  

Spotted a red G series this morning. Stickers, race number and a windscreen banner that said something like “Rascal Racing”. It was in either Essendon or Brunswick. Sorry, no photo and details are a bit fuzzy. This was during the school drop-off chaos.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:57 PM, hugh said:

I'm a huge 964 fan. Not at all a fan of that though.........................why!!!!

I'm a big 964 fan. I think this one only just misses the mark. Because fundamentally it retains the 964 look. The rear reflector delete is probably my least favourite mod on a 911 (yes, I know it give the Ruf look, but I'm just not about it). The Cult Werk RS duct/fog light combo is my other annoyance. 

With those two things changed I'd be into it for sure. Dig the Fuchs and even the updated headlights.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:49 AM, Lucky Phil said:

Spotted at couple of nice units at PCB yesterday.  @Skidmarks you just cannot hide with that colour.  Heard it out on its test drive after service too.  Came up behind me and did look great.  Nice silver Carrera GT there as well. I wanted to go and have a look but they don't like you walking around the garage area.

It's not subtle at all is it?  It does sound the business when you sink the slipper ...