Spotted Thread

Did you see the mint 356A resto there as well Rick?

Original RHD aussie import, matching numbers, perfect Porsche Ivory paint...........I had to hold my jaw closed.

The Spyder was nice but the 356A was my pick if I could have walked away with any of those cars....

*edit to add pics*

20190428_130807.jpg

20190428_130757.jpg

23 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Does that equate to your eagle has landed?

Not quite yet.  Owner has been distracted by Targa prep (including a few last minute dramas as there usually are, goes with the territory of switching steeds 6 weeks before the event....).  I've left him alone so will get back into it in a week or so..

2 hours ago, WitchFinder said:

Did you see the mint 356A resto there as well Rick?

Original RHD aussie import, matching numbers, perfect Porsche Ivory paint...........I had to hold my jaw closed.

Owner is Leon and he's a helluva nice bloke. That was a 12 year resto and it is just beautiful. I've met him a few times now, and he was out with us in the Adelaide hills for the Mexican Invasion on Saturday punting the car pretty well among us all in 911's, and at St George's bakery at Newton yesterday. It's a very popular car.

@Rick V So they have a Bunnings in North Adelaide then mate? Well bugger me 😁

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

@Rick V So they have a Bunnings in North Adelaide then mate? Well bugger me 😁

@LeeM....Mate, It's North Adelaide.... it was a gourmet sausage of course!! 

Yes @WitchFinder I did spot the white 356..... I've seen it at many events over the last 12 months or so, and why wouldn't you get it to every show possible ? - its classy and beautiful. 

Gentleman Jim himself in the Shannons tribute livery car at George Town, Day 1 Targa Tasmania 2019.  I think he is going to drive a few stages in the Shannon's Tour, otherwise I understand it's the Shannon's Qld manager driving.....  He won't compete as such without Barry Oliver as co-driver, and Barry's retired.

Gentleman Jim Targa 2019.jpg

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

A car show that's barely advertised in North Adelaide loosely translates to 'We don't want bogans at our 'fun' soiree, unless you have a hyphenated surname and sip a glass of Bollinger/Chardonnay with your pate and little triangle cucumber sandwiches' 😁

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...