Spotted Thread

Long hood Monday as I took the SC out for a morning coffee with a mate.

long hood shell in primer with some viper green or similar colouring showing in patches on a flat bed heading down lane cove road this morning.

Then very nice slate grey long hood in Artarmon, sounded sweet as he squirted it through an intersection in the back blocks. 

Just passed a dark red LHD 356 Speedster with (I think) historic Vic plated - on West Tamar Hwy, Launceston in Tassie.  Anyone here visiting???  Couldn't follow it as I had to turn off 😞 

Looked very neat, being LHD thinking it would be the real deal??

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just passed a dark red LHD 356 Speedster with (I think) historic Vic plated - on West Tamar Hwy, Launceston in Tassie.  Anyone here visiting???  Couldn't follow it as I had to turn off 😞 

Looked very neat, being LHD thinking it would be the real deal??

Think that might be a recent purchase on Classic Porsche Australia Facebook page mate. It's a replica 

Spotted this great looking blue Carrera S at the MANUKA shops ACT Friday morning. 

Disappointing thing, was that there had been a group of young tradies, having a coffee near where this one parked.

As he was reversing out a couple of these tradies were walking back to their trucks (one being the red one in the background) 

As he drove off in his Porker, both yelled out comments re ...

well.... I won't go there, but attacking the drivers manhood...., and calling the car a heap of Shi# and more.

I just don't understand that.   I used to cop a bit from morons when I had the yellow Coxster.  

(ha ha and probably deservedly so ..Bald headed old fart, probably going through a mid life crisis, in a yellow Coxster...has just got to attract abuse)

.IMG_4251.thumb.jpeg.675435cbcf7804350a425fd860b72999.jpeg

BUT........Is it just the colour of certain P cars that tend to offend people?

Like take for example, OZ930's very similar blue 930, I bet, cops no smart arse comments.

But the blue, like on this one appears to naturally attract ferals to make comments.

I personally love the blue.

Interested to hear any comments... 

I am big fan of Miami blue ,,think its a great colour ,,,,,,always find it interesting that when those types who have to much to say get what they deserve ,,,,,they are the first ones to cry they were the innocent victims when the law shows up.... :Chuckle2: 

There is unfortunately a bogan yobbo culture in this country were dead shits seem to want to hate on everything that they can,t have .

Ironically  both Holden and Ford the bogans Fav brands have offered colours similar to Miami blue on both the SS and the XR8 before they stopped building Commodores and Falcons :rolleyes: And lets not forget the Muscle cars of the 70,s all available in great bright colours ...Eg Pink or Magenta  XU1 Torana,s and baby blue GT Falcons,,,you could guaranty the loud mouths would have been taking photo,s and saying what a great car if were a pristine example of Australian muscle car in that colour .. :Chuckle2:

Holden turismo blue

Ford Bionic Blue

Envy makes people do stupid things. It's got nothing to do with the car, and everything to do with the expense of the car. Tall poppy is alive and well. 

Funnily enough I daily drove my Speed Yellow 997 for a period of about 9 months and never copped a single negative comment. Living in the outer west of Sydney has its benefits.

The only time I ever caught anger was whilst driving the car a lot closer to the city (Blacktown to the Inner West). Many weird road rage incidents that had nothing to do with my driving. Tail gating and being cut off etc.

The mid-life crisis comments are a laugh.  'Having a mid life crisis are we?'.   Crisis?  How is achieving life goals a crisis?  Sure it can take a while to get there so the years have marched past.

Most people are not original thinkers though, so they just recycle comments or jokes they hear on the TV.

27 minutes ago, Coastr said:

The mid-life crisis comments are a laugh.  'Having a mid life crisis are we?'.   Crisis?  How is achieving life goals a crisis?  Sure it can take a while to get there so the years have marched past.

Most people are not original thinkers though, so they just recycle comments or jokes they hear on the TV.

Sorry I appear to have upset or offended you there Coastr...

I apologise for not being an original thinker....I wasn't recycling comments, or jokes ....

the reference I gave was referring to myself.....

3 hours ago, sleazius said:

Envy makes people do stupid things. It's got nothing to do with the car, and everything to do with the expense of the car. Tall poppy is alive and well. 

Funnily enough I daily drove my Speed Yellow 997 for a period of about 9 months and never copped a single negative comment. Living in the outer west of Sydney has its benefits.

The only time I ever caught anger was whilst driving the car a lot closer to the city (Blacktown to the Inner West). Many weird road rage incidents that had nothing to do with my driving. Tail gating and being cut off etc.

I often get the tail gaters and p platers trying to race me 😂

23 hours ago, Niko said:

Spotted this great looking blue Carrera S at the MANUKA shops ACT Friday morning. 

Disappointing thing, was that there had been a group of young tradies, having a coffee near where this one parked.

As he was reversing out a couple of these tradies were walking back to their trucks (one being the red one in the background) 

As he drove off in his Porker, both yelled out comments re ...

well.... I won't go there, but attacking the drivers manhood...., and calling the car a heap of Shi# and more.

I just don't understand that.   I used to cop a bit from morons when I had the yellow Coxster.  

(ha ha and probably deservedly so ..Bald headed old fart, probably going through a mid life crisis, in a yellow Coxster...has just got to attract abuse)

.IMG_4251.thumb.jpeg.675435cbcf7804350a425fd860b72999.jpeg

BUT........Is it just the colour of certain P cars that tend to offend people?

Like take for example, OZ930's very similar blue 930, I bet, cops no smart arse comments.

But the blue, like on this one appears to naturally attract ferals to make comments.

I personally love the blue.

Interested to hear any comments... 

Niko, haters will always hate, and it's getting worse with social media arguing / trolling being in peoples faces all the time... it's addictive and affecting normal people somewhat and escalating the usual haters/losers who aren't happy with themselves. I love that blue, in fact I love most hot or pastel colours on near on most "sports" cars from the 50's on! Hahahha questioning their manhood, well if the Porker owner pushes his beast hard in the twisties he's probably got bigger cahonies than the idiots mouthing off (and he's got the girl too)!

Cmon mate you deserved it in the yellow mellow coxster, vaping with the top down, Tom Jones Sexbomb blaring and your muscle singlet on ... you know it:CoolDance:

I've never heard any smart arse comments on my cars or bikes in all my life except from mates (which is mandatory). Hahahah funny story though - Me and the missus in her 987 S called to stop by a shortarsed fat bikie looking dude, directing traffic as a few blokes try and back a tilt with a hotrod on board out a steep angled driveway. He takes offence coz I don't stop exactly where he wants and he yells "I said stop there" of course my window's down immediately "chill mate, I did". He unleashes some swearing barrage as he comes toward the car,  I respond "Piss off you stupid old fart" and as he arrives an puts his hand on the door screams "It's a fuchin' girl's car". I thought he was going to go the punch so I slammed the door open into him and jump out, he stumbles falls and hits the fetal position thinking there's a kicking coming. Standing over him "Who's a fuchin' girl now c#*t" as he squirms... anyway discretion is the better part of valour and I jump back in the car to diffuse it, besides there's 3 of them yelling at me now and I'm not into copping a hiding hhahahaa. His brave pills have worn off and he's up and backed off a fair bit still swearing at me. He aint doing nothing. Window up, big smiles, nodding at him and I drive off. I'm not into road rage and very rarely gob off if an idiot driver offends me but I'll always defend myself I'll always attack if it's gonna be on - that's my misspent youth coming out!

3 hours ago, Niko said:

Sorry I appear to have upset or offended you there Coastr...

I apologise for not being an original thinker....I wasn't recycling comments, or jokes ....

the reference I gave was referring to myself.....

Nope misunderstanding all around.  I was referring to other people giving ' mid life crisis ' quips to those with sports cars.  Not pointed at you at all.  I actually originally wrote something more pointed at certain demographics but then decided it was not great for the forum so deleted it, probably why the remaining bit was vague as to who I was talking about.

one of those things where meaning completely lost ....