Spotted Thread

40 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Nope misunderstanding all around.  I was referring to other people giving ' mid life crisis ' quips to those with sports cars.  Not pointed at you at all.  I actually originally wrote something more pointed at certain demographics but then decided it was not great for the forum so deleted it, probably why the remaining bit was vague as to who I was talking about.

one of those things where meaning completely lost ....

all good, thanks for coming back.   cheers mate.

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Niko, haters will always hate, and it's getting worse with social media arguing / trolling being in peoples faces all the time... it's addictive and affecting normal people somewhat and escalating the usual haters/losers who aren't happy with themselves. I love that blue, in fact I love most hot or pastel colours on near on most "sports" cars from the 50's on! Hahahha questioning their manhood, well if the Porker owner pushes his beast hard in the twisties he's probably got bigger cahonies than the idiots mouthing off (and he's got the girl too)!

Cmon mate you deserved it in the yellow mellow coxster, vaping with the top down, Tom Jones Sexbomb blaring and your muscle singlet on ... you know it:CoolDance:

I've never heard any smart arse comments on my cars or bikes in all my life except from mates (which is mandatory). Hahahah funny story though - Me and the missus in her 987 S called to stop by a shortarsed fat bikie looking dude, directing traffic as a few blokes try and back a tilt with a hotrod on board out a steep angled driveway. He takes offence coz I don't stop exactly where he wants and he yells "I said stop there" of course my window's down immediately "chill mate, I did". He unleashes some swearing barrage as he comes toward the car,  I respond "Piss off you stupid old fart" and as he arrives an puts his hand on the door screams "It's a fuchin' girl's car". I thought he was going to go the punch so I slammed the door open into him and jump out, he stumbles falls and hits the fetal position thinking there's a kicking coming. Standing over him "Who's a fuchin' girl now c#*t" as he squirms... anyway discretion is the better part of valour and I jump back in the car to diffuse it, besides there's 3 of them yelling at me now and I'm not into copping a hiding hhahahaa. His brave pills have worn off and he's up and backed off a fair bit still swearing at me. He aint doing nothing. Window up, big smiles, nodding at him and I drive off. I'm not into road rage and very rarely gob off if an idiot driver offends me but I'll always defend myself I'll always attack if it's gonna be on - that's my misspent youth coming out!

ha ha, no argument there....definitely deserved it.   You would always cop it when you had the roof down.    So I got the hard top and that solved that.

Actually loved the look of the car with the hard top, and best part is I couldn't hear any comments attacking my manhood or lack of it..... :Jumping:

Iv'e had a few cars over the years, and the only two I copped the crap in was an MX5 (Laguna Blue) so I also got a hard top for that, and then I had a 2000 WRX, no feral comments on that one.    Then I got the Yellow Coxster, and the comments again.

Maybe the convertible thing is also a drawcard for ferals????

1 hour ago, Niko said:

ha ha, no argument there....definitely deserved it.   You would always cop it when you had the roof down.    So I got the hard top and that solved that.

Actually loved the look of the car with the hard top, and best part is I couldn't hear any comments attacking my manhood or lack of it..... :Jumping:

C'mon NIko!  we all know the hardtop was to hide what was going on inside the car. :Chuckle2:

Ive had more negative responses from others on the road whilst driving a porsche than any other car. I recall one SMT heading into Gembrook a guy was doing a "wanker" type motion out he's windows at the procession of Porsches going the other way. Had people give me the finger whilst heading in the other direction in Yarra Valley etc. On those two occasions would appear to be local lads.

I couldn't care less! They are sadly mistaken if they think I drive this car to impress anyone or indeed even care what others think but it seems to effect some people oh well too bad for them.

To think this is limited only to Australia is not correct it is a global thing

57 minutes ago, 9fan said:

-I laugh when I hear Niko has been COPing it ..🤣

Stop picking on the old bloke, you young whipper snappers

1 hour ago, Harvs11 said:

C'mon NIko!  we all know the hardtop was to hide what was going on inside the car. :Chuckle2:

Have you ever tried to do anything inside a Coxster or an MX?    Good luck there.

(Not that I have of course) 

You reckon that's bad. Try rolling up to a set of lights in a 928 the and the guy in the VW Beetle next to you screams out "at least my motor is in the rear" 😂

(actually it happened to me in my first Porsche, a 924 back in 1981 but I'm waiting for it to happen in my 928 and probably from Lee in his 911😂😂😂)

On 10/09/2019 at 16:40, RwGreeny said:

Yep. That was me. I can’t seem to go anywhere in that car anymore without people noticing it!

Yep. Spotted noon heading downhill to Harrietville today. Gave you a thumbs up but probably not seen as I was just in my turbo Forester...

7 hours ago, 3legs said:

You reckon that's bad. Try rolling up to a set of lights in a 928 the and the guy in the VW Beetle next to you screams out "at least my motor is in the rear" 😂

(actually it happened to me in my first Porsche, a 924 back in 1981 but I'm waiting for it to happen in my 928 and probably from Lee in his 911😂😂😂)

We do say that when you rock up mate. You just don't hear it  :D

@Niko Grab a Porsche Wanker tee shirt and decal from @pistongraphics on Instagram (@AndrewW here). That way you're already advertising it and dickheads don't even bother

On 16/09/2019 at 13:44, Niko said:

Iv'e had a few cars over the years, and the only two I copped the crap in was an MX5 (Laguna Blue) so I also got a hard top for that, and then I had a 2000 WRX, no feral comments on that one.    Then I got the Yellow Coxster, and the comments again.

Maybe the convertible thing is also a drawcard for ferals????

Agreed. The haters probably have a few extra slurs in reserve just for soft tops - convertibles were always a symbol of freedom, racing, happy sporty fast life, luxury success, bald drivers hahahha ... if they're green with envy or on the other side of that perceived culture, well that's their opinion they're rude losers.

People who slag others cars off regardless of the marque is just envy/jealousy. I've had it from the hot rod guys, street machines, Jap drivers and even other Porsche guys with "I don't like this, that and the other", yet who cares really? YOU enjoying yourself in your car is all that matters. I'd prefer to have a bunch of cars for the right occasion, and could probably buy 3 half decent cars that I'd be happy to own for the price of mine, yet as the 911 fulfills most of MY requirements, it ain't going anywhere...yet 

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

People who slag others cars off regardless of the marque is just envy/jealousy. I've had it from the hot rod guys, street machines, Jap drivers and even other Porsche guys with "I don't like this, that and the other", yet who cares really? YOU enjoying yourself in your car is all that matters. I'd prefer to have a bunch of cars for the right occasion, and could probably buy 3 half decent cars that I'd be happy to own for the price of mine, yet as the 911 fulfills most of MY requirements, it ain't going anywhere...yet 

I think that's the difference between a true enthusiast, and a show pony / snob etc. 

An enthusiast will appreciate and enjoy all different types / marques / brands / styles... even if they aren't totally their cup of tea. For me, I'm not sure if I'll ever own a Holden / Ford, but can certainly appreciate them. Mate just bought a VF2 SSV Ute - and it's an awesome car. So bloody good! Trying to teach my young bloke (9yo, into cars and karting) that there are so many awesome cars - even if we might like (or not like) one, doesn't make it better or worse.  Our Porsche is NOT a "better" car than anything else. We like it, enjoy it, and have fun with it - that makes it good for us, and we are grateful for it. 

On 16/09/2019 at 18:05, Dalai said:

Yep. Spotted noon heading downhill to Harrietville today. Gave you a thumbs up but probably not seen as I was just in my turbo Forester...

Thanks for the love. I actually did see you! and it certainly made me smile. A metallic blue Forster from memory. I even said to my girlfriend that someone just gave us the thumbs up!

Metallic Black actually but you couldn't tell at the moment as it is super filthy from driving up and down there the last couple of weeks.

Glad you saw the thumbs up. Awesome to see it out in the wild!

You chose a challenging day to be driving through there. With all the rain and strong winds, Hotham only started turning a few of the lifts around noon that day!

1 hour ago, asa572 said:

Never fails to amaze me.    My grandson is learning at the moment, I'm going to show him this, just so he realises WTF is out there....

Personally I really really really really hate red lighters......Especially red lighters in FBT's

23 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Was twinning behind this car today. 

I like what what he has done. Looks to have colour matched the spoiler and a few other subtle mods. Anyone know whose car it is?

A42B5B2C-DD87-40FC-8219-D7162520BEC3.jpeg

If I'm out and see a model the same as mine, I always try to catch up to check it out, give a wave, thumbs up and impromptu cruise until we part :D