Auto to manual 993/964

Dutch68

On 02/01/2021 at 21:08, Dutch68 said:

Early days but researching the option of purchasing an auto 964/993 and convert to manual. Not sure if the project will be too expensive and best to purchase a manual...there just seems to be more autos available at reasonable money and manuals hitting big $$.

This will be a keeper so not too concerned about the originality.

Will run the options past Autohaus Hamilton and Buchanan however thought the forum may have some insight to assist.

Apologies if this has been discussed before.

Hi can I suggest you send @Okrasa Kida message. He has done this very conversion on a 993 S and I believe is very happy with the outcome. he will certainly point you in the right direction.

Cheers and good luck

Chris

5 hours ago, Chris-p said:

Hi can I suggest you send @Okrasa Kida message. He has done this very conversion on a 993 S and I believe is very happy with the outcome. he will certainly point you in the right direction.

Cheers and good luck

Chris

Our just wait another five years until we're all converting our 911's to sweet electricity, tip or manual - makes no difference  😂

• 5 months later...

I am tackling the Tip to Manual conversion now (just started) on a 964.

I found a G50/21 in Europe, had it rebuilt over there + LSD and then shipped to AUS.  Also got a RS Flywheel, uprated Sach Clutch, release bearing, slave cylinder and associated hardware sent over.

Certainly a few parts are necessary, but there is a great reference manual available (let me know if you want a copy) for the project.

If any of you Tip fans want a 964 Tip gearbox (Japan car with 103k km) + axles, computer + shifter ... let me know because I will be selling the complete system shortly.  I will list it here when ready for sale.

Cheers

1 hour ago, mark2559 said:

I found a G50/21 in Europe, had it rebuilt over there + LSD and then shipped to AUS.  Also got a RS Flywheel, uprated Sach Clutch, release bearing, slave cylinder and associated hardware sent over.

Certainly a few parts are necessary, but there is a great reference manual available (let me know if you want a copy) for the project.

If any of you Tip fans want a 964 Tip gearbox (Japan car with 103k km) + axles, computer + shifter ... let me know because I will be selling the complete system shortly.  I will list it here when ready for sale.

Cheers

Looking forward to following your progress on this. 

On 27/01/2021 at 19:12, itsujack said:

Our just wait another five years until we're all converting our 911's to sweet electricity, tip or manual - makes no difference  😂

Ha - not even a chance…..

1 hour ago, mark2559 said:

Cheers

Doing it properly mate -👍