944 - Need it gone!

Hello Porsche lovers!

I'm looking for advice/offers on a 944 which is taking up room in the yard. Date of manufacture is 05/86, car is non-turbo. It has been sitting outside for a few years and still runs and drives but has a radiator/hose leak so it doesn't go very far. The car needs a lot of love to get it back on the road or maybe it is more suitable for parts? I've signed up to this forum to seek enthusiasts advice on what it might be worth and court potential offers, nothing would make the wife happier than to see it disappear ASAP. I can provide more photos/details if anyone is genuinely interested in buying it. Car is located in North Queensland.

Thanks.

PXL_20210105_013536517 - Copy.jpg

You're at the right place if you want your car interrogated ;)

You'll need to post up some more details relating to condition with plenty of photos.  Is it a manual or auto, is it an Australian delivery?  Are there books/history?  Critical to a car that's been sitting outside in the tropics is corrosion (not just rust) there is a lot of alloy componentry that may be affected by weather.  Recommissioning these cars can be really pricey so as much info as you can provide will help anyone here thinking abut a project make a value judgement. 

36 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

You're at the right place if you want your car interrogated ;)

You'll need to post up some more details relating to condition with plenty of photos.  It is a manual or auto, is it an Australian delivery?  Are there books/history?  Critical to a car that's been sitting outside in the tropics is corrosion (not just rust) there is a lot of alloy componentry that may be affected by weather.  Recommissioning these cars can be really pricey so as much into as you can provide will help anyone here thinking abut a project make a value judgement. 

Lots more photos needed to gauge it's value/ desirability (square/ oval dash), price & what it would cost to recomission it.  Likely it's lots given how it looks from the outside.  Doesn't look like it would be dry on the inside.

The value of this car is in parts, if you are prepared to deal with the grime and sorrow involved in parting it.. 

Unless it’s got lots of old service history file on board indicating past love and $$$, on one pic and description, it’s a 5k car maybe maybe less maybe more .

But likely needing more than 10k perhaps 15k plus spent on it, to be a tidy enough drive. Maybe. Then you  might as well buy an example in better  condition

unless

A. You like a challenge 

B. Finances don’t allow and you are handy enough 

a guy awhile back was trying to sell an auto 944 in sad condition I think he was chasing more than 5-6k did anyone but it ?

Great cars . Exxy to put right relative too what’s it’s then worth. However if you don’t care for fashion and PFA THREADS/diatribes 😀😉 then money spent is not a concern.

just as an example there is a similar 86 local to me , a semi runner , body sun roasted clear coat failing, interior  passable.no appreciable rust.

the old guy keeps thinking it can be test driven, the mechanic keeps telling me it has not been driven or  registered in at least 7 years and has  no clutch in it at present.

He thinks it’s a 15k car - I think it’s - 3.5k car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, it's been a while but thought I should respond. I won't disclose exactly what I sold it for out of respect for the buyer, if he wants to let you know I'll leave it to him. I did plenty of research and eventually valued the car based on what I believed to be the value of the three main components: the wheels, engine, and transaxle. I responded to all enquiries on the forum and although I had promised to get more photos up, a buyer turned up on my doorstep before I could.

Thank-you to all those that responded with constructive advice, my wife will be forever grateful that the car is gone!