Jump to content
GregM

WTB - 996.2 C4S

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, GregM said:

Thanks all for the responses.  Like mystro has stated, the pricing of the current stock is not far off similar 997s so these are strange times indeed.  Anyway, I'll keep looking.  I'm in no rush but am hoping that someone with a decent example will be prepared to 'meet the market' at some point.

You aren’t comparing apples with apples though .. a 996 C4S is not the same as a base 997. A 997 C4S is upwards of $120k .. that is quite far apart .. and even then, it doesn't have that stunning heckblende.

I reckon if you could get that grey one for mid to high 8’s you'd be doing alright. Might be worth a phone call and a trip to see it ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 21:51, Dreamr said:

I reckon if you could get that grey one for mid to high 8’s you'd be doing alright. Might be worth a phone call and a trip to see it ..

Yeah, I can't help but think the first genuine buyer to go take a look will probably get it at market value...  The internet is a strange place, but human to human changes everything.

On 11/01/2021 at 21:35, GregM said:

Thanks all for the responses.  Like mystro has stated, the pricing of the current stock is not far off similar 997s so these are strange times indeed.  Anyway, I'll keep looking.  I'm in no rush but am hoping that someone with a decent example will be prepared to 'meet the market' at some point.

Potentially an apples and oranges comparison.  Let's go back 40 years... You're in the market to buy an 'older' '73 911RS or a newer G series car (say a SC) - both are priced around the same money back in 1980.  What's the better buy?  I'm not suggesting for a second that the 996 C4S is the next 73 RS, but I'll bet it remains more desirable than a base 997 C2 long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

That’s the first new one for a while now ... I don’t think things are getting crazy, just some owners.

 .. but it does have the umbrella! :Chuckle2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any lurkers are okay with a tippy, the midnight blue/terracotta car in Sydney seems to be quite a good car - I had some communication with the owner and it's complete providence is well documented.  Including the factory replacement engine (IMS failure), but the plus is there's only 60k on that engine.  And I love the terracotta interior!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2021 at 18:15, Fishcop said:

Completely missed that and now apparently sold.  What were they asking for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GregM said:

Completely missed that and now apparently sold.  What were they asking for it?

Started at $98k and was dropped to $95k a day later.  Went on hold within 36 hours of that...

Are you still looking or did you buy as per your signature?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Started at $98k and was dropped to $95k a day later.  Went on hold within 36 hours of that...

Are you still looking or did you buy as per your signature?

Re: the signature, I got a bit carried away before the PPI on a C2 Cab - it badly failed a leak-down test on one of the cylinders so I walked away.  I then got kinda hooked on the C4S but if good examples are going for ~$95K these days then perhaps I've missed that boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GregM said:

Re: the signature, I got a bit carried away before the PPI on a C2 Cab - it badly failed a leak-down test on one of the cylinders so I walked away.  I then got kinda hooked on the C4S but if good examples are going for ~$95K these days then perhaps I've missed that boat!

If you're okay with a cab and/or tiptronic then it's not outrageous...  It's the AU delivered, manual coupes pulling the bigger coin.  The basalt black tipper-cab near me (Port Macquarie) is actually pretty nice...  The blue coupe with the terracotta interior is pretty nice and the engine has only 60k - that might be able to be snaffled for <$70k by now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GregM said:

I then got kinda hooked on the C4S but if good examples are going for ~$95K these days then perhaps I've missed that boat!

That's what they're being advertised for .. they're not selling for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

That's what they're being advertised for .. they're not selling for that.

Shhh... don't tell the insurance company that...  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GregM said:

Completely missed that and now apparently sold.  What were they asking for it?

this hasn't sold yet .. the 'Release Clause Actual Buyer Price' was triggered and as such due diligence is now being undertaken ie PPI .. its currently on hold pending the PPI outcome.

for those interested the 'Release Clause Actual Buyer Price' was not the advertised 'Ceiling Price' like sellers are currently testing market levels with, what is clear though is that there is a shortage of stock and more importantly quality ie upper end QUALITY vehicles on the market are lacking to test those 'ceiling' boundaries at the moment we see advertised.

The story on this one is rather interesting as its been turned over in just a matter of weeks, seller looking to recover only what was really invested and exit.

Forumites recent price comments / evaluations are right on the money / spot on as a guide as to where the current market is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2021 at 21:51, Dreamr said:

I reckon if you could get that grey one for mid to high 8’s you'd be doing alright. Might be worth a phone call and a trip to see it ..

I believe a PPI or 2 have been undertaken with a level of dissatisfaction at money spent dodging a bullet and not being told in advance of issues .. caveat emptor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Seal Grey C4S sold this morning... If it was someone here, I'd love to hear the story :)   So I stand to be corrected, but that's zero coupe/manuals on CS right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

I see the Seal Grey C4S sold this morning... If it was someone here, I'd love to hear the story :)   So I stand to be corrected, but that's zero coupe/manuals on CS right now?

Seems to be the case!  I'd love to hear that story too.  I looked at it and was initially keen but got a whisper from someone in the know that it 'wasn't the right car for me' 😉.  I don't mind the silver Cab down in Melbourne but think I'll wait it out for a coupe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like after a few PPIs and potential buyers perhaps providing an educational that the vendor might have come closer to meeting the market, or maybe it’s Wood duck season?  Curious to know the story as the car was available at the time I purchased mine and singlehandedly started the rush...🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mystro said:

bit of scratch on the boot lid

Is that a scratch or the reflection of the phone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Is that a scratch or the reflection of the phone?

Agree @P-Kay.

I can just make out fingers holding the phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Agree @P-Kay.

I can just make out fingers holding the phone.

+1 .. definitely reflection of phone. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...