997 Carrera S market?

1 hour ago, flamingporsche said:

at that asking there's 996 turbo hips and boost to be had.

1 hour ago, edgy said:

My guess is it'll sit on the shelf and gather dust... 

Pretty landscapes aside, I would not expect anyone to pay close to $140k for a standard 997S when 996Turbo or even 997.2 would be an option.  

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Pretty landscapes aside, I would not expect anyone to pay close to $140k for a standard 997S when 996Turbo or even 997.2 would be an option.  

Agree! Are you buying or selling mate? 

47 minutes ago, luzzo said:

If I was buying, the price is outrageous..! 

If I were selling, I would be spruiking, 'what a bargain'..! 

Fortunately, I'm neither, my garage is  already at max..! 

😂 lots of truth there, only not everyone is as honest about their level of interest. 

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, T435 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my09/SSE-AD-6996515

this looks to have been on the market for some time, looks neat however not sure if the price reflects the kms 

Looks pretty cheap to me compared to what things are going for at the moment. 997.2 means PDK not a slush box, so not really the big step down from the manual as it is in the previous models, at least in my eyes.

8 hours ago, T435 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-auto-my09/SSE-AD-6996515

this looks to have been on the market for some time, looks neat however not sure if the price reflects the kms 

Says Private sale through our concierge team. "Im pretty sure you are still just a dealer at the end of the day.Sounds good but go on anyway".

10 hours ago, MFX said:

Looks pretty cheap to me compared to what things are going for at the moment. 997.2 means PDK not a slush box, so not really the big step down from the manual as it is in the previous models, at least in my eyes.

Perhaps being an import is causing the sale?

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, edgy said:

Has anyone viewed this 7.1 Carrera S Tiptronic? 

A few more km's than you'd want, but otherwise looks like a good spec car... love the colour, although I may be in the rare few that do, which is why it has sat? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-auto-my07/OAG-AD-19468637/?Cr=0

i love the midnight blue on 911's.  i reckon it hasnt sold because they are asking too much for a car with 127000 kms

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my09/SSE-AD-7245206/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-7245206&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-7245206&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

$225 K asking price...........would be suprised to see if they get this price

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Has anyone viewed this 7.1 Carrera S Tiptronic?. love the colour, although I may be in the rare few that do

I’m in that rare few….great color.

2 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Surprised would be a reasonable understatement!

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Has anyone viewed this 7.1 Carrera S Tiptronic? 

A few more km's than you'd want, but otherwise looks like a good spec car... love the colour, although I may be in the rare few that do, which is why it has sat? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-auto-my07/OAG-AD-19468637/?Cr=0

I love the colour, I think a little overpriced 

5 hours ago, 911virgin said:

i love the midnight blue on 911's.  i reckon it hasnt sold because they are asking too much for a car with 127000 kms

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-series-ii-manual-my09/SSE-AD-7245206/?Cr=0&gts=SSE-AD-7245206&gtsSaleId=SSE-AD-7245206&gtsViewType=showcase&rankingType=showcase

Hmm, would I pay the same for a 7.2 CS manual  as a 7.1 GT3... I think not.

7.2 C2S is by all accounts a fantastic vehicle but that’s $175K every day of the week. Rare or not it sits below 996 GT3 in the 911 pecking order as far as I’m concerned . That midnight blue 7.1 is gorgeous. Price is a little on the high side but not outrageous. Not a terrible buy in this market for someone who doesn’t mind a tipper.

13 hours ago, spiller said:

That midnight blue 7.1 is gorgeous. Price is a little on the high side but not outrageous. Not a terrible buy in this market for someone who doesn’t mind a tipper.

I agree... I have been toying with the idea of flicking my Macan and getting a Carrera or Carrera S Tiptronic for a daily grind, since my circumstances have drastically changed... I just dont know what fair market is now in 2021? Of course 1 year or more ago, these were sitting at circa $70k~ but the rising tides lift all boats they say? But no one seems to know where the high tide mark is... 

29 minutes ago, edgy said:

I agree... I have been toying with the idea of flicking my Macan and getting a Carrera or Carrera S Tiptronic for a daily grind, since my circumstances have drastically changed... I just dont know what fair market is now in 2021? Of course 1 year or more ago, these were sitting at circa $70k~ but the rising tides lift all boats they say? But no one seems to know where the high tide mark is... 

Definitely tricky to pick the timing. I remember seeing some people asking similar $$ for import manuals not that long ago. Not entirely apples to apples but if you don’t mind the tiptronic that seems like a nice car with hopefully a bit of negotiation in it (although who knows in this market 🤪)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-auto-my06/OAG-AD-19910833/?Cr=15

here is a very low km example!

im not a fan of grey cars though

$139k 

I am watching a lot of high priced stock, indulging 996 carrera tiptronic cabs @ $60-70k and beyond :lol: , nothing is actually moving... so I really cant understand what the fuck is going on with "sellers" at the moment? 

It really feels like a case of monkey see, monkey do, and so we've got an excess of over priced stock on the market, and no transactions to support the asking prices! What is going to take for sellers to actually meet the market when most of them close their ad verbiage with no offers I know what I've got!